PDA

View Full Version : a problem,i think

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Monday 29th November 2004, 12:53
hello ,over thr last couple of days,my car has been hesitating when i use the turbo,it like stops and th speed stays the same,it only happens when i am low on fuel,like the first time it happended i had 25 miles to go,then it did it again and had 5 miles to go and then today at 25 miles again,it it just a case of leaving myself with more fuel,if this is a stupid question,please tell me!!!!

henry

Bracer
Monday 29th November 2004, 13:14
hello ,over thr last couple of days,my car has been hesitating when i use the turbo,it like stops and th speed stays the same,it only happens when i am low on fuel,like the first time it happended i had 25 miles to go,then it did it again and had 5 miles to go and then today at 25 miles again,it it just a case of leaving myself with more fuel,if this is a stupid question,please tell me!!!!

henry

Hmm not heard of the Volvos suffering from Low fuel starvation but it is probably the cause of the fault as you could have allot of muck in the tank which is making the problem worse.

Try changing the fuel filter if you haven't already, other than that it ain’t good practice to run it so low anyhow as you could pick the crud up from the bottom of the tank and nacker your injectors :eek:

Regards

Steve

Murphy
Monday 29th November 2004, 14:51
Hmm not heard of the Volvos suffering from Low fuel starvation but it is probably the cause of the fault as you could have allot of muck in the tank which is making the problem worse.

Try changing the fuel filter if you haven't already, other than that it ain’t good practice to run it so low anyhow as you could pick the crud up from the bottom of the tank and nacker your injectors :eek:

Regards

Steve

my car does that when flat out with 20 miles tp go, and that ££££ty 2.5 got to 60 and started doing it. rule of thumb i have is fill up @ 50 miles to go

Bracer
Monday 29th November 2004, 14:54
my car does that when flat out with 20 miles tp go, and that ££££ty 2.5 got to 60 and started doing it. rule of thumb i have is fill up @ 50 miles to go

Ah ta for that Andy :wink:

So there you go Henry it is fuel starvation, so dont run it so low buddy and it will be fine :dgrin:

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Monday 29th November 2004, 16:43
CHEERS GUYS,THANKS FOR THAT,HOPE I CAN HELP YOU SOME TIME!!!

HENRY :tank:

Bracer
Monday 29th November 2004, 16:47
CHEERS GUYS,THANKS FOR THAT,HOPE I CAN HELP YOU SOME TIME!!!

HENRY :tank:

How about starting with Paypalling me £900 so I can go get a 19T from Adam :hidesbehi

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 01:03
odd how he didnt reply to that Steve?

Bracer
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 10:14
odd how he didnt reply to that Steve?

Give him time, £900 aint that easy to get ahold of for us Joe average Mr Moneybags

:hidesbehi