PDA

View Full Version : Hose Clamp Question

DuncVolvoTurbo
Friday 20th August 2010, 16:06
Looking for a bit of help, it may be obvious, but I want to be 100% sure.

On my car there is a clear hose down directly under the top engine mount. One end seems to disappear into the engine somewhere, but the other end attaches to a thick hose down in the turbo region (as you can tell I have no idea what this hose is called, or what it's for).

Now, after I fitted an remapped ecu this hose keeps "popping" off. So, is it safe to put a clamp on this thin clear hose even though the car was never fitted with one?

Another thing, I seem to be able to hear the turbo "dumping" more. Any idea what this might be caused by?

Any help is greatly appreciated :D

Rnash2002
Friday 20th August 2010, 17:02
Might be attacthed to the recirc valve? if you could get a picture it would help.
Sounds to me some one has replaced a orignal pipe with a different one.

DuncVolvoTurbo
Friday 20th August 2010, 17:21
Might be attacthed to the recirc valve? if you could get a picture it would help.
Sounds to me some one has replaced a orignal pipe with a different one.

I probably should have done that first, just thought someone might have known from my (rubbish) description.

You can see that in the first picture the hose is loose (as it was when I went out), and the second one it is where is should be.

BruceT
Friday 20th August 2010, 18:07
Looks like the PCV Blow out line which goes from the side of the engine where the PAS resovoir is to a little nipple on the plastic intake ducting just before the turbo

DuncVolvoTurbo
Friday 20th August 2010, 18:11
Looks like the PCV Blow out line which goes from the side of the engine where the PAS resovoir is to a little nipple on the plastic intake ducting just before the turbo

So if it is that, then is it safe to put a clamp on it to stop it from blowing off again? Could this also be the cause of a bit of a boost leak?

BruceT
Friday 20th August 2010, 18:14
Hard to see on my phone tbh

Scrap what I said but could be the boost line from the turbo so clamp it

DuncVolvoTurbo
Friday 20th August 2010, 18:44
Hard to see on my phone tbh

Scrap what I said but could be the boost line from the turbo so clamp it

It definitely looks like it is before the turbo, and a bit more like your first description.

nottsgreent5
Saturday 21st August 2010, 08:25
thats same as mine goes from pct valve to a nipple on side of the head early engines seem to be little diffrent to the later ones as that pipe go back to some where under inlet manifold