PDA

View Full Version : pro logic system problems

streaky744
Monday 16th August 2010, 20:46
got a few hiccups with the dolby system in the C70.

help much appreciated.

1 dash centre speaker not working

how does the centre speaker cover remove? as i'm bit heavy handed sometimes and not want to break it.

2 amp location

so can check wiring at the amp. for above problem

3 EQ settings

how do you get the eq settings up to change them as when try as per manual it not seem to work.

and finally even though the stereo is fantastic do people upgrade the speakers at all to freshen it up.? if so to what make

Liddo
Friday 10th September 2010, 11:47
Q1 dash centre speaker not working

A. ALL my C70's never seem to have the centre speaker work, but it does, but only in Dolby Mode i think, but it aint the loudest. One of the switches pulls out to adjust it (it says Center on it)

Q how does the centre speaker cover remove? as i'm bit heavy handed sometimes and not want to break it.

A, Dunno, i tried too, but got scared aswell :)

Q2 amp location

so can check wiring at the amp. for above problem

A, Below the drivers seat (i think) OR, near the airel compartment in the boot

Q3 EQ settings

how do you get the eq settings up to change them as when try as per manual it not seem to work.

A, I thought there wasnt one, its just fiddle with the nobs :D and switch it to Dolby

and finally even though the stereo is fantastic do people upgrade the speakers at all to freshen it up.? if so to what make

Dunno again, but ive always found the Volvo ones superb ;)

nagrom
Saturday 11th September 2010, 21:00
the dash speaker cover just prises upwards.

The prologic amp is located behind the seat heating switches sort of under the heater matrix if that makes any sense, you have to take the side of the centre console off to get to it, best do it from the passenger footwell.

In my C70 with the 150w system the amp was in the left hand side of the boot, behind the trim,but I think the regular amp is under the drivers seat.

silverback02
Friday 29th October 2010, 20:53
My (C70's) amp is in the boot, behind the L/h/side cover,
The centre speaker wire is a single plug connection behind the headunit, To check the connection pull out the radio a short piece and check the plug is still in place before risking damage to your speaker.
Hope it helps,
Joe.

T5frankie
Saturday 30th October 2010, 00:03
my centre speaker dont work also but i dont have a standard stereo is this why it's not working?

silverback02
Saturday 30th October 2010, 01:21
Yep,
if you do not have the Volvo headunit, IE useing an aftermarket unit,
this will probably use the amp and all the other speakers no probs,
BUT due to the centre speaker not going through the amp (Feeds direct from the headunit), it is rendered inop.
joe.

v70rade
Saturday 30th October 2010, 17:40
http://www.v70r.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24708&st=10

It would appear that the 'hidden EQ settings' were on the 901 only?

These instructions work fine for my 901.

Good luck.

BlackC70
Monday 1st November 2010, 21:25
There's also a dolby controller box sitting on the centre tunnel behind the dash. Iirc if the heater matrix goes, it can douse this box in coolant which doesn't really make it work tip top, so could be an idea to pull a side trim off the dash/tunnel and have a look...