PDA

View Full Version : head light mods

nottsgreent5
Saturday 14th August 2010, 17:48
is it legal to paint the inside of the head lights thinking of doing mine just wanna make sure fist lol

Tomcat
Saturday 14th August 2010, 17:53
Cant see why not, which part are you thinking of painting?, if you paint the wrong part you'll ruin the distance they project light.

p fandango
Saturday 14th August 2010, 17:55
aslong as your not thinking of painting the reflector i can't see why not, any other part of the light unit shouldn't affect the light pattern

t5 stealth
Saturday 14th August 2010, 20:28
thats wot i done to mine .....not the reflectors lol

nottsgreent5
Sunday 15th August 2010, 08:40
thats the kind of look im after urs look like all 1 piece how you managed that lol

Crazy_C
Sunday 15th August 2010, 09:24
Legally you can do whatever the ££££ you want to your headlights as long as the light emitted is white and the beam pattern is correct.

I have painted the inside of them on projector lights blue before which was fine, and I have 40 denier tights over my current headlights. All legal.

t5 stealth
Sunday 15th August 2010, 14:16
thats the kind of look im after urs look like all 1 piece how you managed that lol

iv got lense covers on mine,
so i removed them,painted the shape on the glass in black,
then refitted the covers,that way the paint dont come off with stone chips or wind etc lol.

nottsgreent5
Monday 16th August 2010, 18:31
they look nice m8

t5 stealth
Monday 16th August 2010, 18:55
i was tempted to buy those twin light units but they never seem very good quality,and i didnt like bits of it,
so i thought its just easier and cheaper to do it myself...
dont affect mot either,if you look at the lense closely you can see the circles,and cut offs on the glass,
the headlights are crap on 850s anyway and im not allowed out after dark so it dont make much difrence to me lol.

martybelfastt5
Monday 16th August 2010, 23:24
gonna have a go at this myself just the headlights tho,,

siamblue
Tuesday 17th August 2010, 10:48
i was tempted to buy those twin light units but they never seem very good quality,and i didnt like bits of it,
so i thought its just easier and cheaper to do it myself...
dont affect mot either,if you look at the lense closely you can see the circles,and cut offs on the glass,
the headlights are crap on 850s anyway and im not allowed out after dark so it dont make much difrence to me lol.

Same here, i have crystals on mine so not sure whether to paint them, but the projector lights looked really good in smoked and would look great to finish off the look on my R,

Gary.

nottsgreent5
Tuesday 17th August 2010, 18:33
just done my indicators and lights, indicators look factory smoked now not to happy with the head lights yet lol

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 17th August 2010, 19:36
we need pics lol,,,,,

Flatout Phil
Tuesday 17th August 2010, 23:10
I have 40 denier tights over my current headlights. All legal.

Whoa! Kinky time! :funkybana

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 18th August 2010, 19:00
done my head lights today and im happy with them look kind of crystal smoked will put pics on when figure how to lol very subtle look but i like it lol