PDA

View Full Version : New turbo

shrekblackR
Saturday 14th August 2010, 09:01
Hi guys any tips on changing my turbo it's all in one peice with exhusht connection and atuator thanks all

p fandango
Saturday 14th August 2010, 10:35
Volvo main dealer only charged me £230 to fit mine so got them to fit it, i'd think about fitting a better ME7 or S60R exhaust manifold while your changing the turbo

Rnash2002
Saturday 14th August 2010, 11:56
Is not a bad job to be fair,just doesnt look easy because of where it is on the engine,if its a straight swap then even easyer.
Would say around 2/3 hours to take off and install new one.

shrekblackR
Saturday 14th August 2010, 15:03
Cool cheers guys might have a go at weekend lol do I have to do it with turbo hot as not to snap off the bolts

Rnash2002
Saturday 14th August 2010, 16:40
Cool cheers guys might have a go at weekend lol do I have to do it with turbo hot as not to snap off the bolts
I didnt.........but would also use wd 40 just to be safe

Alan M
Monday 16th August 2010, 20:09
I wouldn't try to do it with the turbo hot as you will burn yourself. Use ratchet spanners and either anneal your banjo bolt washers or fit new. Make sure you have all the parts ready to hand for the swap as its a right pain when your not properly prepared. Expect for rubber hoses to be very aged and potentially rotten and ready for replacement. I would also fit new return pipe gaskets.

leet5r
Monday 16th August 2010, 21:46
best to take off the boost pipes and inlet pipe aswell gives you a bit more room ,make sure you dont kink the oil pipe to the turbo tho as it needs oil , not a hard job , took me about 2 hours to mine on the t5r

shrekblackR
Tuesday 17th August 2010, 13:15
all done after a night mare all the nuts on turbo housing were all kin rounded took 3hrs just to get old one off and 1 hr for new one on . Done full oil change and filter feels really smooth now cool . Just have to put a center section back in exhaust as wife said it's to loud lol cheers for your input guys