PDA

View Full Version : crank size

leet5r
Friday 13th August 2010, 18:33
does any body know what the crank mian end bearing size should be , the crank has the letters c stamped on
cheers

nobananas
Friday 13th August 2010, 22:08
Can't tell you as such (unless I go and measure my spare crank, ooer !) but I know that the main shells are often slightly different thicknesses. The block has a code number stamped on it which matches up with the main bearing set (that comes with 4 complete sets of shells in it) and you mix and match according to the code, assumably to correct very slight differences in tolerances after the block was line bored.

leet5r
Friday 13th August 2010, 22:53
Can't tell you as such (unless I go and measure my spare crank, ooer !) but I know that the main shells are often slightly different thicknesses. The block has a code number stamped on it which matches up with the main bearing set (that comes with 4 complete sets of shells in it) and you mix and match according to the code, assumably to correct very slight differences in tolerances after the block was line bored.

cheers m8 , a sent you a pm, al haver a look tomo and let you know m8, i think the letters on the block is d and the the crank has the letter c on