PDA

View Full Version : Uprated rear ARB

JelT5
Friday 13th August 2010, 18:04
I was recently asked by forum member AlanM for my car to be a guinea-pig/ test bed for his uprated rear ARB.

A very good bit of engineering at a very good price too, no issues with fitting and it makes a surprising difference to the handling- the rear of the car feels a lot more "planted" on the road, body roll is reduced and grip is greatly improved over the standard item.

No idea if Alan is going to produce many of these but if he does decide to, then snap one up, you won't regret it!

Thanks Alan :D

Jamest5r
Friday 13th August 2010, 18:12
:worthless

What sort of price Alan?

Jerry, noticed your sig has changed?? update on the boost issues??

Alan M
Friday 13th August 2010, 18:58
Cheers Jerry, I'm glad you are happy. Just keep us updated.

I'm not making any more at the moment as I am in the process of a business start up and I am looking at potential premises for an engineering shop. Things are all at an early stage at the moment though but with work at all sorts of places and premises around the country aswell as my permanent job at my fixed location I'm very busy and very pushed for time. I get to use this and other websites from my phone and work computers hence the post lol.

What was the boost issue/problem in the end?

JelT5
Friday 13th August 2010, 19:00
James

I'm not getting under the car to take a pic...although for you mate, maybe lol
The ARB was on when you drove it in Worcester t'other week and I remember you commented about the car feeling tight.

I fitted the bcs and injectors (you sorted for me) today and went over all the boost hoses again- found a knackered clip and tightened all the others up. Car appears to be holding boost well throughout the rev range now...I don't trust it though Jim, bloody thing lol. Will find out if it's made any difference at Bitburg next month :D Not fitted that nice, clean replacement IC yet though- too scared LOL!

Alan

Regards the boost see above...I'm hopeful but not counting chickens etc!
Hope you don't get swamped with requests for the ARB- was unsure about posting about it because I know you're very busy, but had to let people know how good it is!
We have some great mountain- type roads around here with hairpins etc so I've been giving the ARB a good workout! It really is the dogs mate :D