PDA

View Full Version : Motaquip parts

scr8pdo
Friday 13th August 2010, 12:06
Does anyone know if Motaquip parts are OE quality, Ive seen the name for years being in the trade but never used them AFAIK, its just a bloke I know has got some ignition components, dizzy cap rotor arm etc and they seem cheap to me, but i dont want to get a load of rubbish thats gonna fall apart in a month etc, I know a lot of people will only use genuine Volvo parts on their cars etc but am wise enough to know there are many good quality alternatives, even Volvo parts are made by different manufactures, just wondered if anyone has any experience with Motaquip parts?

fireclown
Friday 13th August 2010, 12:53
i think most parts have to be at least OE spec. i have used them on mine fitted about 4 years ago with no problems

t5 stealth
Friday 13th August 2010, 20:22
i believe motorquip is standard fit to peugeot.........

scr8pdo
Friday 13th August 2010, 21:20
i believe motorquip is standard fit to peugeot.........

Thats right i looked on their website, they took over Mopar/Chrysler in 1981 when there was the Talbot/peugeot/citroen merger apparently, Its a well known and familiar name to me but never had bought any parts that i can remember, i have bought cheap pattern stuff before but its sometimes been of dubious quality/poor fitments etc, it just seems like a good deal if the quality is ok (Motaquip)

t5 stealth
Friday 13th August 2010, 21:25
iv used them before ........not on mine tho.
but they seem ok,certainly better than some lol

nobananas
Friday 13th August 2010, 22:03
Motoquip are indeed oem quality. We use them at work and have documentation (from them) that they are guaranteed oem quality (or above) and as such can be used in applications that require oem spec parts to maintain a vehicles warrenty. As has been said they make filters for the Peugeot/Citroen group (as well as others) and we have had several dealer stamped and part numbered parts in Motoquip boxes.