PDA

View Full Version : t5r idle problem

pv544t5
Monday 9th August 2010, 21:14
Hi .Im running an 850 t5r auto (with multiport gas conversion).What seems to be mainly first thing in the morning,I am having a problem with the throttle revving to about 3000rpm and staying there soon after startup(most apparent at the 1st traffic junction 1/2 mile up the road ! but before it is warm enough for it to switch over to gas ).It does settle down after a little while.It has done this for a week or so.The last couple of days the temp gauge also seems intermittent(doesnt register any temp but when it works the needle goes up halfway).I have checked for obvious loose wires,split piping and removed the idle valve to see if it looked gunged up.I checked the flash codes on terminal 3 of the obd2 connector and no faults are logged.Any suggestions ?
Thanks
Pete

t5 stealth
Monday 9th August 2010, 21:39
Hi .Im running an 850 t5r auto (with multiport gas conversion).What seems to be mainly first thing in the morning,I am having a problem with the throttle revving to about 3000rpm and staying there soon after startup(most apparent at the 1st traffic junction 1/2 mile up the road ! but before it is warm enough for it to switch over to gas ).It does settle down after a little while.It has done this for a week or so.The last couple of days the temp gauge also seems intermittent(doesnt register any temp but when it works the needle goes up halfway).I have checked for obvious loose wires,split piping and removed the idle valve to see if it looked gunged up.I checked the flash codes on terminal 3 of the obd2 connector and no faults are logged.Any suggestions ?
Thanks
Pete

if the temp gauge is mucking about then 1st thing to try would be temp sender unit ,as its a cheap but major part of the cars well being :)
the ecu looks for the temp signal to know what settings to run,
so it knows how much fuel etc it needs,if thats faulty and giving false info then the ecu is trying to correct itself or trying to correct the problem with duff info.