PDA

View Full Version : Miss-aligned headlights

Atari Boy
Friday 6th August 2010, 23:10
I have had my V50 a week now. The first time I drove the car in the dark I thought that the dipped headlights were rubbish so yesterday I replaced the bulbs with meaty (but legal) Ring bulbs expecting them to cure the problem.
I drove the car again tonight and even my wife commented on how crap they are still. In the end because they were so poor and pointing down so low towards tge road we drive home on full beam - not one other car flashed us.
So I have come to the conclusion that the headlights are miss-aligned, but is there a way for me to fix them or do I need to take the car to a garage?

Any experience or advice welcome.

Many thanks

v70torslanda
Friday 6th August 2010, 23:30
Get friendly with your local MOT station and you can have them check and reset the dip alignment.

Check for yourself that the bulbs are in the lamps correctly.
Check the dip is set correctly - V50s can swap from LHD to RHD just by removing the lamp as you would for changing a bulb and switching a lever from one side to the other - read your handbook.
Check that the headlamp levelling is set at '0' on the dash.
Finally check that you have refitted the headlamps correctly.

If you've done all that and you can't see where you are going with Osram Nightbreakers then you can't see where you are going and you need to take your sunglasses off! :)