PDA

View Full Version : Showroom Shine, my thoughts on it.

Liddo
Thursday 5th August 2010, 10:18
Well, it was actually dry last night, so i decided to give the Showroom Shine a go. I bought a couple of large microfibre towels and went to work.

One thing that immediatley peed me off was that it splattered all over the place, but never mind i thought, I'll crack on. I used one towel to spread and smear the liquid, and the second to buff once it had glazed over. It came off really easily and left a lovely shine, although i wouldnt say it looks as good as it does on the telly. I did the whole car in about 20-30mins, and to the touch, the paint felt lovely and clean and smear free. The side and rear windows also come up gleaming, but i stayed away from the windscreen as per instructions.

Again, back to the splattering. Here's me, thinking the car looks great, and off i drive to my Dads for a visit. Looking through the windscreen, i see patches of splattered polish, and also on the passenger wing mirror. Obviously i didnt see all this when i finished, and it peed me off that i hadnt completed the job :slap: Also, on winding down the windows, it revealed a lovely white line of polish that needed a quick wipe at the next set of lights ;) I also noticed the tyres had white splatter marks all over the place!

So, all in all, its a decent product, cleans the car nicely, but can be messy if your in a rush. Its perfect for using before "meets" if your fussy OR, as in my case, if your in a "hose pipe ban" area.

Its NOT as good as Idealworld make out, and I'd prefer to wash and polish my car properly, but again, it will do a quick clean if required.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 7th August 2010, 01:46
Think you need some proper applicators?

Secondly if this is a quick show and shine - then there is nothing wrong with a QD such as Last Touch diluted 1 in 4.

I personally favour the waterless carwash from Chemical Guys. You need at least 3 or 4 clean towels but I can do my C70 in about 20 mins

scooter
Saturday 7th August 2010, 18:55
i have used for a few years now never really had a complaint except the mess but it is good stuff and it is fantastic on a black car makes it look brand new if not to clean and you can see the scrapes car park dings etc I always buy it when it is on offer I have an account with them usually get it a bit cheaper or free p&p

Jaseb77
Tuesday 10th August 2010, 13:53
for speedy shine i have always favoured
Megs last touch , buy in bulk size much cheaper

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/product/296

Wobbly Dave you say you dilute this ? - thoughts dilutting was really only for when using it as a claying lube ?

Liddo
Tuesday 10th August 2010, 14:59
for speedy shine i have always favoured
Megs last touch , buy in bulk size much cheaper

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/product/296

Wobbly Dave you say you dilute this ? - thoughts dilutting was really only for when using it as a claying lube ?

Thats more of a "finishing touch" stuff isnt it??? The stuff i bought can be used without washing the car. It actually lifts the dirt onto a fibre towel.

I tell ya one thing though, even though its PEED it down on and off for the last 3-4 days, my car still looks spotless!!!! No rain marks, no bits of crap left behind, just as good as when i did it :B_thumb:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 10th August 2010, 15:36
I also have a waterless carwash from Megs.

Liddo
Tuesday 10th August 2010, 15:51
I also have a waterless carwash from Megs.

Whats it called Dave?? And does it leave residue behind??? Im forever finding white bits that ive missed :mad: