PDA

View Full Version : Anyone weld SS exhaust systems.....

Giles
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 21:59
......and fit a turbo? I have bought a 3" SS exhaust system (in pieces) and a turbo (16T). Now I wanted an 18T but for the price I got the 16t for (£60), I could hardly refuse.......just need them fitted now ;(

For my 850R auto

p fandango
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 22:35
i got a Volvo main dealer to fit my turbo & downpipe (£230), then drove it to Powerflow to get the rest of the exhaust adapted to fit

i'd also look at changing the exhaust manifold to either a ME7 or S60R while you changing the turbo

Giles
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 23:24
advice required - I have opted for a 16t, purely price based - will i see any benefit or should i stick to my guns and wait for an 18t?

smithy
Thursday 5th August 2010, 14:06
i would say get the 18t off t5pete that has had a full rebuild and put that on and speak th ccr nuneaton about welding the bits up for your exhaust they are very helpful.

Giles
Thursday 5th August 2010, 15:21
i would say get the 18t off t5pete that has had a full rebuild and put that on and speak th ccr nuneaton about welding the bits up for your exhaust they are very helpful.

I have asked but have not had a reply.....he may be off on holiday this week, but yes, an 18T would be ideal for me.

Anyone want a 16t? £80 delivered.......

RollingThunder
Sunday 8th August 2010, 10:38
Re the 16T - you have a PM ;)

The Flying Moose
Sunday 8th August 2010, 10:49
Could I get second dibs on the 16T if it falls through please.

Giles
Sunday 8th August 2010, 11:08
Here's the turbo.....think I am being fair to the guy who sold it to me by not making money on it........just feel bad as havn't even received it yet lol.....but i did decide from day 1 that an 18t would be ideal, so should stick to my guns......

Rnash2002
Sunday 8th August 2010, 17:34
I would say wait for the 18t,because once you had the 16t fitted and got used to the power you would always be woundering what the 18t would have been like lol.
As for fitting the turbo its pritty simple as all the oil and water lines dont need changed.

Giles
Sunday 8th August 2010, 18:10
I would say wait for the 18t,because once you had the 16t fitted and got used to the power you would always be woundering what the 18t would have been like lol.
As for fitting the turbo its pritty simple as all the oil and water lines dont need changed.

If only t5pete would answer me (cry)

I am a little daunted about changing a turbo myself - is it easy? Do I need ramps etc?

Rnash2002
Sunday 8th August 2010, 20:05
If only t5pete would answer me (cry)

I am a little daunted about changing a turbo myself - is it easy? Do I need ramps etc?

Ive done it once down the side of my house lol,and that was a pain because the k24 just fitted in there,the 18t should be very easy,and if your not changing the manifold also then its even easyer,i had mine on axle stands.
Would say around 3/4 hours to take off and replace and get all up and running.

RollingThunder
Sunday 8th August 2010, 20:19

Giles - please offer it to V70ETS. I'm in no rush and was just going to buy it to put on the shelf until next spring when I can do a bunch of mods together, so if he has use for it, I'm quite happy for him to have it ;)

Cheers, RT

Giles
Sunday 8th August 2010, 20:26
Ive done it once down the side of my house lol,and that was a pain because the k24 just fitted in there,the 18t should be very easy,and if your not changing the manifold also then its even easyer,i had mine on axle stands.
Would say around 3/4 hours to take off and replace and get all up and running.

Just took me half an hour getting the heat shield off......dp bolts look well and truly mated and thus do the turbo bolts.......so back went the tool kit for another day lol.......I would like to do it myself as would save a few hundred £'s and also to give a feeling of self achievement.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by V70ETS

Giles - please offer it to V70ETS. I'm in no rush and was just going to buy it to put on the shelf until next spring when I can do a bunch of mods together, so if he has use for it, I'm quite happy for him to have it

Cheers, RT

No probs.....looks like if all ok with the unit (and I would suggest from looking at the photo's), that it's refurbed one way or another......if you like, I'll speak to volvo-express and get him to send direct to you (V70ETS).....?

smithy
Sunday 8th August 2010, 20:45
if you have major problems mate im working in droitwich at mo so i have no probs coming over to evesham and giving you a hand fitting it or fitting it for you .spoke to petet5 and told him that you are interested in the 18t and he will be intouch mate.i will pm you my number

Giles
Wednesday 11th August 2010, 16:53

Do you still want this? Someone else has asked for it but I have said you want it first, so let me know asap?

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 11th August 2010, 17:37
Do you still want this? Someone else has asked for it but I have said you want it first, so let me know asap?

Hi mate thanks for the offer, hope I havnt messed you around mate but cant take it this time my ruined gearbox and clutch need doing first.

Cheers

Giles
Wednesday 11th August 2010, 18:26
Hi mate thanks for the offer, hope I havnt messed you around mate but cant take it this time my ruined gearbox and clutch need doing first.

Cheers

no probs - didn't wanna offer it about and piss you off.....thanks for letting me know

T5frankie
Thursday 30th September 2010, 20:36
what is the big difference between a 16t and a 18t? ive had both they produce virtually the same power standard and re-mapped, i dont understand why everyone wants the 18t????? am i missing something lol

Volvostorm
Thursday 30th September 2010, 20:40
what is the big difference between a 16t and a 18t? ive had both they produce virtually the same power standard and re-mapped, i dont understand why everyone wants the 18t????? am i missing something lol

I do know the 18t is more friendly toward the standard con-rods over a 19t, as for the choice over a 16, no idea. I'm using a k24 :D

Giles
Thursday 30th September 2010, 20:44

dunno about difference between 16t and 18t, but the compressor wheel is bigger, so........