PDA

View Full Version : V50 headlight bulb change

Atari Boy
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 22:25
I have found that the dipped beam on my '05 V50 to be pretty shocking so I have ordered some Ring replacement bulbs that I hope will improve things.
Looking through the owners manual it looks quite simple to swap over the bulbs, just a case of removing the securing pin then withdrawing the headlight cluster. Is it as simple as it sounds or have I missed something ?

Also, whilst talking about bulbs, has anyone got any experience of fitting LED sidelights?
Good or bad?

volvokid
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 22:30
I have found that the dipped beam on my '05 V50 to be pretty shocking so I have ordered some Ring replacement bulbs that I hope will improve things.
Looking through the owners manual it looks quite simple to swap over the bulbs, just a case of removing the securing pin then withdrawing the headlight cluster. Is it as simple as it sounds or have I missed something ?

Also, whilst talking about bulbs, has anyone got any experience of fitting LED sidelights?
Good or bad?

The new headlights have a rubbish low beam. Yes the lights are the easiest I have changed. I fitted LED's to my headlights because they are xenon and it made the standard side lights look yellow.

t5_monkey
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 22:44
I've got osram night breakers on mine - much better.

Changing the bulbs - piece of cake, got LED sidelights and interior lights on mine, looks much better.

Atari Boy
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 22:49
Thanks for the feedback chaps.
I have just bought some LED sidelight bulbs to try out from eBay to try out. I hope they are not too rude boy, I'm getting old.

Atari Boy
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 13:34
Dipped bulbs now fitted, remarkably easy, even for me.
I can't see if they will make any difference yet, I will need to wait until its dark.