PDA

View Full Version : Dyno

Rnash2002
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 21:56
Ok looking to get mine on the rollers next week but the company ive been chatting to run in 3rd gear,now wouldnt that show less power as say 4th would give alittle more boost?

p fandango
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 21:58
4th is closer to 1:1 so will give a more accurate reading of what the engine is doing, i've seen a few dyno sheets being done in 3rd recently & can't remember why tbh

Rnash2002
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 22:06
4th is closer to 1:1 so will give a more accurate reading of what the engine is doing, i've seen a few dyno sheets being done in 3rd recently & can't remember why tbh
Thats what i thought,might ask him to run in 4th or go some where else.

smithy
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 15:12
my car has always been done in fourth mate and mine goes next week when i sort it.remember its reving now see you done santapod lol

Murphy
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 15:50
4th FTW

dgs666
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 16:13
Never had a dyno run done on a car but a few years back had a streetfightered kawasaki 1100 which i had dynoed. The operator definately ran it in top gear(6th) and took the revs up to about 10500 revs where it was producing about 139-140 bhp, he wasnt going to push it anymore.With a little coaxing from myself he took it around to the limiter in top, 11000 or 11500 i think and managed to get a final figure of 147 bhp. So IMO top gear and nail it is the way to go. Running it in 3rd should give you an idea of the shape of the power curve though but(this is only an assumption) wont give you that magical max bhp figure that you are looking for.

Jamest5r
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 17:17
As P Fang said, 4th is the most "direct" gear therefore will give you the most accuate reading

Rnash2002
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 18:03
my car has always been done in fourth mate and mine goes next week when i sort it.remember its reving now see you done santapod lol
Is that fighting talk lol,should be a good one mate think there might be more volvo's in the 13's than shakespeare :biggrin:

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 18:07
13 is where I am headin' ;)

Jamest5r
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 20:31
13 is where I am headin' ;)

Me too, im after Rnash in the 850 race, once i fit my mbc i think its going to be close lol

Rnash2002
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 23:07
Me too, im after Rnash in the 850 race, once i fit my mbc i think its going to be close lol
Not after i have finished my plans for her :wink:

LiamT4
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 23:12
I'm looking forward to santapod as there should be some good racing. Sounds like a few people are doing some more mods to their cars. As santa20 was the fastest at avon, seems like he will be a marked man. lol

Rnash2002
Thursday 5th August 2010, 08:22
I'm looking forward to santapod as there should be some good racing. Sounds like a few people are doing some more mods to their cars. As santa20 was the fastest at avon, seems like he will be a marked man. lol
But he cheated,he had AWD lol

smithy
Thursday 5th August 2010, 14:17
im going to kick rnashes and jamest5s ass in an old 940 how embarrising will that be lol.

Jamest5r
Thursday 5th August 2010, 15:51
may be but you got a turbo the size of a small country, pick on someone your own size

LiamT4
Thursday 5th August 2010, 16:20
im going to kick rnashes and jamest5s ass in an old 940 how embarrising will that be lol.

That be fighting talk! :ready2go:

The pressure is on you now mate. Lets see what the old 940 can do.

smithy
Thursday 5th August 2010, 16:43
may be but you got a turbo the size of a small country, pick on someone your own size

yes but ive also only got a 4 pot 8v you all have 5 pot 20vs lol

smithy
Thursday 5th August 2010, 16:45
That be fighting talk! :ready2go:

The pressure is on you now mate. Lets see what the old 940 can do.

they will beat me mate hands down but its good to wind them up but next year will be different lol

Rnash2002
Thursday 5th August 2010, 23:36
Got into the 6's

I made it 6.4 to 6.6 ish :funkybana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59MyO-IEbMU

smithy
Friday 6th August 2010, 16:29
nice 1 i will have to mine.i cannot wait till santapod to see the big race you and jamest5r.THE RACE IS ON OH YES.am not included because im too slow boohoo.

Rnash2002
Friday 6th August 2010, 16:34
nice 1 i will have to mine.i cannot wait till santapod to see the big race you and jamest5r.THE RACE IS ON OH YES.am not included because im too slow boohoo.
Lol,so does anything go? or is there some rules? lol

smithy
Friday 6th August 2010, 16:38
put it this way mate that will be a race worth putting on youtube because it will be on video.the question is who is going to pass the line 1st lol

flyingbrick
Friday 6th August 2010, 16:48

Wots on your mind mate.......

p fandango
Friday 6th August 2010, 16:48
put it this way mate that will be a race worth putting on youtube because it will be on video.the question is who is going to pass the line 1st lol
& what was wrong with my videos from last time lol, hopefully i'll be there to video at the pod

smithy
Friday 6th August 2010, 16:58
& what was wrong with my videos from last time lol, hopefully i'll be there to video at the pod

they were brillant mate.but that is going to be a race of all races lol

p fandango
Friday 6th August 2010, 17:00

got to be slicks

flyingbrick
Friday 6th August 2010, 17:02
got to be slicks

Arrrrr.... I was thinking maybe the fuel......

smithy
Friday 6th August 2010, 17:05
what ever it is its going to be good

Rnash2002
Friday 6th August 2010, 18:38
So a straight up race or who gets the best time?

Looking into a few things,as it will probably be the last run in the volvo for me.

got to be slicks
Still want to be road legal..................

Arrrrr.... I was thinking maybe the fuel......
Didnt think about that,well i did but only about how little fuel i can run on the day lol.

leet5r
Friday 6th August 2010, 18:52
any 1 not fancy orginisen a dyno day for the vpcuk. ad be up for it

Jamest5r
Friday 6th August 2010, 19:25

Where has this come from lol??? Smithy your such a wind up merchant you git lol, im going to slap that bald head of yours when i see you.

Rnash, you are already about .3 faster but im game, best of 3 and the loser buy's the ice creams.

Rnash2002
Friday 6th August 2010, 19:55
Where has this come from lol??? Smithy your such a wind up merchant you git lol, im going to slap that bald head of yours when i see you.

Rnash, you are already about .3 faster but im game, best of 3 and the loser buy's the ice creams.
Lol on times or straight up head to head?

leet5r
Friday 6th August 2010, 20:43

is there room for 1 more , if mines workin a think yous got game lol

Jamest5r
Friday 6th August 2010, 23:11

Tricky one that mate as they will be head to head so in theory the fastest car should win with equal starts. If you are anything like me the racing bit is the fun bit the times are a bonus and get lower the better the race for some reason.

Still havent answered the question so open to suggestions lol.

Lee, the more 850's the better...........all welcome

The Flying Moose
Friday 6th August 2010, 23:55
any 1 not fancy orginisen a dyno day for the vpcuk. ad be up for it

It needs to be as central as possible to get the best attendance I think, I would certainly be up for it. If anyone knows a good garage with a decent dyno then Id be willing to arrange a dyno meet ;)

WOODY T5
Saturday 7th August 2010, 00:02
yeah me to boys would be good to meet up.

smithy
Saturday 7th August 2010, 19:41
straight head to head race rnash and jamest5r and smithness and leet5r and do a final after to see who got the fastest t5 on vpcuk at santapod.i will just do my own thing in my old 940t proberly against some chavs lol

Rnash2002
Saturday 7th August 2010, 19:48
straight head to head race rnash and jamest5r and smithness and leet5r and do a final after to see who got the fastest t5 on vpcuk at santapod.i will just do my own thing in my old 940t proberly against some chavs lol
You love them chavs LMAO!!!!

The Flying Moose
Saturday 7th August 2010, 19:52

Its two races I am looking forward to watching thats for sure, will be interesting to see how my standard T5 does against machines tuned to perfection... :)

smithy
Saturday 7th August 2010, 19:55
Its going to be good .

smithy
Sunday 8th August 2010, 10:56
all i have to say is on your starting orders lads and i think that we should all be scared gayle in her rapid 850t5 estate might be coming to kick all our asses lol.[miss darcy]