PDA

View Full Version : What you all think

bubba_1986
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 21:32
Hey guys,

Some of you might know or not,

me and wobbly done a 6 stage detail for me last sunday, didn't have enough time to do a glasze and lsp

Car hasn't really been washed since then, so decided to wash today

Started as follows

Rinse done
snow foam, 3 to 1
2 bucket method, don't know shampoo need to get some of my own
dried off
pro detailer by chemical guys to get to spots that were missed
done some waxing later on in night, still looking good

What you think ???

t4 chump
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 22:00
Looks good nice to see a shiney black car! I did 4&1/2 hrs on mine today wash t cut ag srp and 2 coats of ag hd wax nice and shiney and red again :)

volvokid
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 22:11
Looks good nice to see a shiney black car! I did 4&1/2 hrs on mine today wash t cut ag srp and 2 coats of ag hd wax nice and shiney and red again :)

Hey bud you know using the tcut is killing your paint? thats maybe why your car keeps going pink, because your clear coat has been polished down to a very low limit.

volvokid
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 22:12
Your car is looking really good bubba, are you happy with the new techniques you have learned then? what wax you going for?

t4 chump
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 22:19
Hey bud you know using the tcut is killing your paint? thats maybe why your car keeps going pink, because your clear coat has been polished down to a very low limit.

Whats best way to bring it back to red? Never had a red car before this one so its a bit new to me! Has it got clear coat on red? Even with the srp u can get a little red on the polishing cloth

volvokid
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 22:26
Whats best way to bring it back to red? Never had a red car before this one so its a bit new to me! Has it got clear coat on red? Even with the srp u can get a little red on the polishing cloth

By clear coat i ment lacquer, yes it does. Honda paint is really really really soft lol so does need a lot of extra TLC when working on I dont know the best polish to use on Honda's so I wont lie to you, give polished bliss a call! they will sort you out. I cant understand why you would have red on your cloth with SRP that would only happen with old school paints, Is it red Tcut? if it is thats what you will be rubbing off, as its just a horrible dye.

t4 chump
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 22:31
Dunno bout hondas mines a v40 t4 lol its just the usually colour restorer i used prob best way is to keep it well waxed to stop it lookin **** or myb im been to fussy with it lol

bubba_1986
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 22:32
Your car is looking really good bubba, are you happy with the new techniques you have learned then? what wax you going for?

Cheer mate, like i say didn't get to do the glaze which would have worked it down a bit more, i need to get stuff soon in order to do more correction.

dave came me some pete's 53 that he had left, i think lol, just applying that the now, came up great for amount of dirt on it, as it parked on a road

volvokid
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 22:33
Cheer mate, like i say didn't get to do the glaze which would have worked it down a bit more, i need to get stuff soon in order to do more correction.

dave came me some pete's 53 that he had left, i think lol, just applying that the now, came up great for amount of dirt on it, as it parked on a road

Are you going to go down the black fire route?

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 23:08
polishedbliss.. great site. I have not used them much. http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/blackfire-gloss-enhancing-polish-cat9.html

Their guides are really good.

Vikingxl
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 23:58
Looking good bubba and a lot cleaner than when i last drove it back at wobbles brum bbq

volvokid
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 07:29
Dunno bout hondas mines a v40 t4 lol its just the usually colour restorer i used prob best way is to keep it well waxed to stop it lookin **** or myb im been to fussy with it lol

Oops i thought u had a type r too. It must be someone else

bubba_1986
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 16:00
That stuff seems very price mate, was just going to get orbital and cut some more where more correction is needed. Go over with a glaze, seal then wax.

What does this blackfire kit replace, as in, is it the sealant and wax ????

mind i'm still learning,

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 16:11
Looking good mate, nice job :)

bubba_1986
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 16:29
Looking good mate, nice job :)

Cheers nathan,like I say want to correct more just need to wait till funds allow it

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 17:57
Needs some better photos taken. It is difficult to see the depth from such small ones.

Protect your finish...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/car-care-products-protect.html

bubba_1986
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 19:04
Needs some better photos taken. It is difficult to see the depth from such small ones.

Protect your finish...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/car-care-products-protect.html

I know mate, was on me iphone4 still getting used to it. Will get some good ones soon. Got to get some nice pics both c70s week on monday

volvokid
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 21:14
That stuff seems very price mate, was just going to get orbital and cut some more where more correction is needed. Go over with a glaze, seal then wax.

What does this blackfire kit replace, as in, is it the sealant and wax ????

mind i'm still learning,

There the products you would use after the paint correction, you wouldnt be disappointed with them I assure you.

bubba_1986
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 21:34
There the products you would use after the paint correction, you wouldnt be disappointed with them I assure you.

Yeah thought so, ie that;s what i meant when said is it like sealant and wax, i seen that kit at 130 includes a wax ???

I think you said you had the kit that cost 80 quid ?????, was in previous post ages ago when was talking about wobblys bbq,

anyhow, need to get myself a orbital polisher and some polish, as i have the determination to spend days on it.

Not going to be used as much when goback to uni so might aswell spend money on polish instead of petrol lol

should get some better pic up soon, meeting dave a week on monday for a bite to eat on his way back down south, will get some ncie one's up then with the " silver bullet "

volvokid
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 22:21
I have the £130 one, yeah thats the wax too, not to sure how much I would rate the wax though it doesnt last that long. But the rest of it is really good to use

t4 chump
Thursday 5th August 2010, 00:17
Oops i thought u had a type r too. It must be someone else

Nah that was someone interested in the thread because they have a fade prob!!