PDA

View Full Version : Showroom Shine, anyone used it???

Liddo
Monday 2nd August 2010, 13:07
Ive ordered some Showroom Shine after stupidly going through the digital channels, and landing on "Idealworlds" advert for it. I only bought it as there is STILL a hosepipe ban in our area. It looks a REALLY good product, and the results seemed amazing, so we'll soon see. Has anyone on here used it??? It says you can use it on an un-washed car, but i might "rinse" mine first ;)

Here's the link

http://www.idealworld.tv/Greased_Lightning_Triple_Pack_of_Showroom_Shine_1_ Litre_167820.aspx?cm_sp=Homepage-_-StripBanner-_-GLBB

wegal
Monday 2nd August 2010, 13:22
Dont use anything on an unwashed car.. if you have a tiny speck of sand on the paint and you wipe it over you WILL scratch the paint.

Liddo
Monday 2nd August 2010, 13:48
Dont use anything on an unwashed car.. if you have a tiny speck of sand on the paint and you wipe it over you WILL scratch the paint.

Its funny that, the advert wreckons that this will lift the dirt away from the paint and straight onto the fibre towel. Ive looked on Detailing World, and some swear by it, and some dont! My car is never THAT dirty or full of mud or anything, and walking backwards and forwards with buckets of water is starting to get on my nerves! :D

Wobbly Dave
Monday 2nd August 2010, 13:57
I use chemical guys waterless car wash to avoid the watermarks associated with washing in a hard water area (300 ppm TDS).

Am saving for a DI tank to remove the dissolved solids.

DuncVolvoTurbo
Monday 2nd August 2010, 14:44
I used in on my black 940 and it really does the business. It doesn't scratch the paint at all, and the more you use it the more the car shines. Top Stuff!

Liddo
Monday 2nd August 2010, 15:11
I used in on my black 940 and it really does the business. It doesn't scratch the paint at all, and the more you use it the more the car shines. Top Stuff!

Cheers fella, thats what i wanted to hear. Cant wait to get it now :D In the demo, he's using it on the wheels aswell :D

volvokid
Monday 2nd August 2010, 17:30
Cheers fella, thats what i wanted to hear. Cant wait to get it now :D In the demo, he's using it on the wheels aswell :D

Liddo it truly depends how anal and fussy you are about marring your paint, wiping polish off can put defects back into the paint, thats how soft some paint is. As long as the car isn't filthy it should be ok but it will mar to a certain extent. When washing a car with water you are still contacting dirt against the paint with a mitt and scratching the surface no matter how carefully you are with it, so I see very little difference.
The more your in contact with your paint the more you will mark it.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 02:03
if it makes you feel any better - I am currently freaking out about how much damage the waterspot clearance (300ppm TDS) is doing on a summer's day. Far from thanking the sun for reducing the drying effort - I am thinking "How much damage wiping these waterspots off with QD is doing????". I have even taken to diluting the QD with water out of the Brita filter jug!! How anal is that?

Edit - I need either a full reverse osmosis unit or de-ionised rinse thing.

Liddo
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 11:23
if it makes you feel any better - I am currently freaking out about how much damage the waterspot clearance (300ppm TDS) is doing on a summer's day. Far from thanking the sun for reducing the drying effort - I am thinking "How much damage wiping these waterspots off with QD is doing????". I have even taken to diluting the QD with water out of the Brita filter jug!! How anal is that?

Edit - I need either a full reverse osmosis unit or de-ionised rinse thing.

LOL! At least now i know im not anal :D

p fandango
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 11:44
Ive ordered some Showroom Shine after stupidly going through the digital channels, and landing on "Idealworlds" advert for it. I only bought it as there is STILL a hosepipe ban in our area. It looks a REALLY good product, and the results seemed amazing, so we'll soon see. Has anyone on here used it??? It says you can use it on an un-washed car, but i might "rinse" mine first ;)
my old man uses it & must say it is good, the car stayed cleaner than it has with normal polishes as well