PDA

View Full Version : Have You Any Ideas?

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Thursday 7th July 2005, 10:39
Hello Everybody,my Car Has Started To Act Strangely At Speed!

I Have Had The Car For 8 Months Now And Everything Was Fine,but It Went In For A Wheel Bearing A Month Ago,and The Garage Said It Needed A New Front Wishbone Bush Thing,because It Was Really Lose,and Whenever You Go Over 82 Mph The Car Shakes(the Steering Wheel)really Bad,so You Have To Slow Down,even If You Go Over 82 The Car Is Thesame.so I Left It For A Week Or So,then Got One From Salvo,because On Mine You Have To Change The Whole Wishbone,
And This Made No Difference,mainly Because The Garage Said I Needed The Other Side As Well!!!!

What My Question Is,is This...........will A Wishbone Make The Car Vbrate Like This Or Is It Something More????

P.s.i Have Just Realised I Have Done This Post In Capitals,sorry,it Won't Happen Again........

splatt
Thursday 7th July 2005, 10:41
When were your wheels balanced?
It is possible that a weight has come off one of the wheels putting it out.
This is the most common ause of vibration.

siamblue
Thursday 7th July 2005, 16:53
Team wayside you made the most serious cardinal sin mate, You never ever fit second hand brakes or steering/suspension consumables,
The wishbones are only £60 odd from ECP complete with bushes,
I had mine replaced in Jan for the MOT and mine did the same but this was after a new nearside W/bone had been fitted, It was my tracking that was out.

Gary