PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Stumble

princepugh
Sunday 1st August 2010, 19:42
Arghhh __ got the car back from service on Wednesday and since then it's had two major stumbles, like the car is cutting out, once on the motorway on a very small throttle and another time on an A road, just shifting gear and when I let the clutch out it has a major moment. Doesn't seem to be pulling smoothly either.

Gonna take it back to the garage this week, see if they'll look it over - any suggestions in the meantime fellas?

TIA

t5 stealth
Sunday 1st August 2010, 19:54
maybe as simple as dirty throttle body,or the ht leads,after changing plugs may of caused the leads to miss-fire.....
sometimes the leads on cars get stuck on,pulling them off without being careful can cause a break inside the lead...its easily done.
but id recomend you take it back before you worry what it is as im sure the garage that did it will do there best to put it right.

princepugh
Sunday 1st August 2010, 20:23
Yeah, these are the coil pack variety with the spindly cabling from the loom.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 1st August 2010, 20:54
Make sure the MAF is connected, my friend had his car serviced and they didn't plug the MAF back in, I had a field day when I looked over his car, they missed loads of stuff.

Also make sure the intake piping is all intact, I forgot to put a pipe back together properly once and caused a rough running fault.

t5 stealth
Sunday 1st August 2010, 21:29
Yeah, these are the coil pack variety with the spindly cabling from the loom.

lol oh yeah,it says phase 2.......doh..............sorry lol.

princepugh
Sunday 1st August 2010, 22:54
I'll have a good look around in the engine bay tomorrow - down with man flu today. Off to Scottyland later this week so need to sort it.