PDA

View Full Version : How Hot Does Your Dash Get?

v70torslanda
Saturday 31st July 2010, 16:27
More specifically, the radio and CCM?

My answer? F! HOT!. Last weekend wasn't particularly warm but by 'eck! She didn't 'alf get warm! And we only drove for something like 130 miles, 2 hours and a bit.

Is it really supposed to be hot enough that touching the CCM isn't a comfortable thing to do? It's indicative of an awful lot of watts being consumed by all the little gizmos in there.

I've resorted to leaving the radio switched off for long periods 'cos it can't be doing the circuitry any good, can it?

luv'n'stuff

John

cornclose
Saturday 31st July 2010, 16:40
Nowhere near that hot on mine, but it does feel warm to the touch. Just warm though, nothing more.

dave stew
Saturday 31st July 2010, 17:58
More specifically, the radio and CCM?

My answer? F! HOT!. Last weekend wasn't particularly warm but by 'eck! She didn't 'alf get warm! And we only drove for something like 130 miles, 2 hours and a bit.

Is it really supposed to be hot enough that touching the CCM isn't a comfortable thing to do? It's indicative of an awful lot of watts being consumed by all the little gizmos in there.

I've resorted to leaving the radio switched off for long periods 'cos it can't be doing the circuitry any good, can it?

luv'n'stuff

John

If the radio 's playing prog rock it can't be doing anyone any good! :banana:

v70torslanda
Saturday 31st July 2010, 20:39
Foxtrot Oscar, 'Punk Band Boy' ;)

SomeBloke
Saturday 31st July 2010, 20:39
Hot enough that if I use cheap home burnt CDs they get wiped!
TDK survive OK, but cheapy just "lose" the music in a couple of days. Put 'em back in the computer and the data is corrupted or the disk is unreadable.
So it's getting hot enough in there to remelt the plastic....

v70torslanda
Saturday 31st July 2010, 22:48
So it's NOT just prog rock, then . . .