PDA

View Full Version : Main 'stealer' Window Trim - Help!!

d14vd_h
Wednesday 6th July 2005, 20:34
Hi, recently had to remove a piece of exterior window trim on 940 estate rear quarter panel windows after adhesive silicon sealant refused to repair it. phoned volvo today - they want £67 for it!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone know if this is the correct pricing,
any other options as to sourcing it?
anyone got a spare?!
help!
pic attached

dicky b t5
Wednesday 6th July 2005, 21:33
Hi, recently had to remove a piece of exterior window trim on 940 estate rear quarter panel windows after adhesive silicon sealant refused to repair it. phoned volvo today - they want £67 for it!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone know if this is the correct pricing,
any other options as to sourcing it?
anyone got a spare?!
help!
pic attached

If the trim is close fitting try sticking it back with EVO-STIK the one in the red tin , Its contact adhesive sticks most things i use it alot at work....worth a try..! :B_steerin

andi t5
Wednesday 6th July 2005, 23:03
never heard of scrappers!

d14vd_h
Wednesday 6th July 2005, 23:20
never heard of scrappers!

yeah gonna call some breakers tomoro,
would've liked a new/ or repro since it bends so easily and once bent is too springy to be stuck back on = difficult to remove.
tried a silicone sealant/adhesive in1 and it was black powerfull stuff but the spring in the part was too much.
neobros and keith coopers dismantlers it is tomoro then

meffs
Thursday 7th July 2005, 00:05
If the trim is close fitting try sticking it back with EVO-STIK the one in the red tin , Its contact adhesive sticks most things i use it alot at work....worth a try..! :B_steerin

Typical Joiner!!! :eek: :uglyhamme

Vikingxl
Thursday 7th July 2005, 16:23
Seems to be a common problem i have spotted quite a few with this missing.

d14vd_h
Thursday 7th July 2005, 21:38
yeah ohned volvospares theyd ran out cos of so many requests,
got it from keith coopers breakers , part + clips + postage = £27 = :)
one of those hard to describe parts so hope its the right bit :troutslap

Lee-J-T5
Thursday 7th July 2005, 22:25
Occasionally I have to fit these windows including re-using the trims, once I did a 740 est where a stone had gone through the drivers side one right out the other side through the passenger side one! If we have trouble getting the moulding to clip into place all we do is bond it on. Sometimes it looks great all the way along and there'll be just 1 clip that wont play ball, so its out with the bonding gun and tape! Always looks a great job after though. Good luck with it :)

d14vd_h
Monday 11th July 2005, 22:37
got the trim and clips from the breakers...
cant fit it tho,
it has 5 clips that go over what look like nail head protruding from the panel but they slide on the plastic trim and then u have to line them up and push on to nail heads.
however its near impossible to line them up so all go on at once!!!
am i doing it correctly or is there a different method? haynes no use.

Lee-J-T5
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 18:19
This might be a little late now, but the proper way is to put all the clips onto the nail head things and then push-fit the trim into place. If done properly you will feel each clip snap into the channel on the rear of the trim. I believe there are 4 trims in total, one for each edge of the window, and I seem to remember they have to go on in a certain order but this may not be a problem for you as you only have 1 trim removed. Hope this helps!