PDA

View Full Version : Major Problem....

Dangerous Dave
Friday 23rd July 2010, 23:59
Went to start the car tonight, turned the key to 2nd stage and the cooling fan started, then on going to stage 3 the engine just turns over and doesn't fire.

I had the ecu out earlier, think I've fried it.

NorthlandDave
Saturday 24th July 2010, 01:17
Have you checked the wiring around the cooling fan relay, the fuel system relay next to it can cause issues like this. The connector to the fuel system relay on mine was in bad shape not making a connection was and I was convinced it was dead ECU until found this, just wouldn't fire at position 3.

When you turn it to position 2 does the engine managment/lambda light come on? With the relay not connected properly it doesn't come on whereas it should normally come on with all the other warning lights. I also couldn't read any codes from the ECU while it was doing this.

Dave

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 24th July 2010, 07:59
The lambda light is coming on at position 2,

Fortunately my dad has a spare ecu, so hopefully I can pop that in this morning and see if it works.

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 24th July 2010, 09:02
Crisis over, have got the spare in and all is working fine. Looks like I did spike the ecu, now I've got to get another spare.

smithy
Saturday 24th July 2010, 16:40
crisis over, have got the spare in and all is working fine. Looks like i did spike the ecu, now i've got to get another spare.

get a 940t lol

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 24th July 2010, 17:04
Am gonna get one, soon I hope.

Vikingxl
Saturday 24th July 2010, 18:41
Am gonna get one, soon I hope.

Its all my fault really, DIY remaps can have drawbacks, especially if you're not careful when handling circuit boards LOL.

Should have got Colin to do it Gordon!!

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 24th July 2010, 22:56
Should have got Colin to do it Gordon!!
LOL, I did, but he said something about having to wire it into the national grid?! So I decided to do it myself