PDA

View Full Version : finally got a C70

streaky744
Tuesday 20th July 2010, 20:43
well after looking and looking finally found a C70 that ticked all the box's.
talked the wife out of the soft top, two reasons being idiots where we live would no doubt slash roof as we have no garage and can't have roof down with a new born baby.

oh and skuttle shake i hear about.

its a saffy T5 GT and manual
we shall depart on a little road trip to sunny scotland to collect it on sunday.
decent miles, good history and pretty much not messed with (till i get it lol)
has small area on bumper needs sorting but thats about it.

click link to see pics of car and advert for it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150469408620&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

not a lover of the front grill so if anyone wants this type of grill and they have a good condition standard one or from a later C70 standard one let me know and see if we could arrange a swap

any comments welcome

bubba_1986
Tuesday 20th July 2010, 21:54
I have a me7 front grille mate on my c70, just looking at yours and thinking would suite well the black color of mine,

What you think ?, as been wanting to change for ages just not sure about the chrome look

Let me know

Cheers :D

MIKESC70T5
Tuesday 20th July 2010, 22:19
Lovely looking car, and i agree the grille looks awful.I've got the later style c70 one on mine which are only £120 new from Volvo.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 11:58
Welcome to the clan C70. I have a slightly old standard OEM grill (could do with a badge refresh) that you can have for just 10 quid plus postage - and a new (never used) VOLVO lettering badge for the rear if you want it?

Looks a smart looking machine.

I have been trying to champion ME7 for years with some success. Let me know if you need any help.

Liddo
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 12:13
Ohhhhh, electric seats :slap: never mind ;)

Lovely looking car though. A nice set of bright silver Comets would set it off nicely ;)

wish i could afford another C70, just as a toy :(

streaky744
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 12:44
Liddo whats the problem with eletric seats?

bubba yes be interested in the grill but am also looking it new one as suggested by mikesc70t5

think for time being a swap with yours be on cards as spare funds now must go new baby arriving in 9 weeks

Knight Rider
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 15:17
Very nice car - looks like mine!! £2250!!!! is that all there worth now? Maybe ill hold onto mine for a bit longer then

Liddo
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 15:51
Liddo whats the problem with eletric seats?

bubba yes be interested in the grill but am also looking it new one as suggested by mikesc70t5

think for time being a swap with yours be on cards as spare funds now must go new baby arriving in 9 weeks

Ohhhhh, nothing much, apart from they take about 30mins to go forward when your letting people in the back........in the rain ;)

They also have a habit of breaking the relay that automatically moves the seat forward when you tilt it.

You'll love the car though, it was just a MAJOR gripe on the THREE C70's ive had ;)

Liddo
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 15:52
new baby arriving in 9 weeks

Dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :slap: electric seats! lol ;)

streaky744
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 20:04
Very nice car - looks like mine!! £2250!!!! is that all there worth now? Maybe ill hold onto mine for a bit longer then

and got it for less than £2250 which i thought was a fair price for it these days.

got to ask can anyone tell me what an IPD uprated valve is?

gmain1967
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 22:15
Not familiar with the C70, but go to the IPD website link below.

Most likely to be either an uprated turbo control valve (boost control solenoid on an S40 T4), or the recirculating valve for the turbo

http://www.ipdusa.com/

MC_Bob
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 23:37
Ohhhhh, nothing much, apart from they take about 30mins to go forward when your letting people in the back........in the rain ;)

They also have a habit of breaking the relay that automatically moves the seat forward when you tilt it.

You'll love the car though, it was just a MAJOR gripe on the THREE C70's ive had ;)

Is this hard to fix? My drivers seat does it, my passenger seat doesnt even fold over anymore!

Liddo
Thursday 22nd July 2010, 08:16
Is this hard to fix? My drivers seat does it, my passenger seat doesnt even fold over anymore!

I believe its a pain if the cable from the lever to the mechanism has gone (for the tilt position), but there's a microswitch at the bottom of the back of the seat that goes aswell, this is when you have tilt, but the seat doesnt go forward. I just used to use the buttons on the side.

Do a search for C70 seats, and you should find something.

Personally, Id try and get hold of a pair of second hand manual seats

I'll see if i can find the thread

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 22nd July 2010, 15:25
I got rid of my manual seats and replaced them with electric ones. You get the perfect position with the electric ones which is ideal for me as the wife uses the car twice a week an d always adjusts things. My position is number one and hers is number two.The Audi has manual seats and it takes me ages to get it just right after the wife has been in it lol.

Murphy
Thursday 22nd July 2010, 15:36
New born and a coupe, that will get boring...

Go for the facelift grill though, they look much better.

silverback02
Thursday 22nd July 2010, 19:43
I don't know about boring, BUT when you try and get a pushchair in the boot or child seat in the rear with the top up, you'll soon be getting a second car for the wife.....I speak from experience...lol

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 22nd July 2010, 20:15
My son and daughter are 7 and 11 and manage to get in the back with just tilting the back forward, don't need to move the seat forward at all, probably helps that i'm a short arse and have the seat quite far forward in the first place though lol.

streaky744
Thursday 22nd July 2010, 23:34
a new born and a coupe is something we will get used to. the baby will only get bigger but the car will still be more than big enough. it won't be doing many miles as also have a transit for when go racing and also a clio with isofix points for baby seat.

so you could say we will have to new babies in the house soon, one that fills nappies and one i can polish and pamper when the other is sleeping