PDA

View Full Version : C70 T5 Remap

Taff - t5
Tuesday 20th July 2010, 20:29
A mate of mine drives a c70 auto and has asked me to find out if He has it remapped will it do anything to shorten the lifespan of the engine?
I don"t think it will have any effect on the lifespan of the engine,but would like to here the opinions of people on here who have probably got a bit more knowledge or experience than myself.
Thanks

brett craig
Tuesday 20th July 2010, 20:43
aslong as its a reputable company then theres no problems at all, its all mapped for boost levels, fueling and within safe parameters.
only downside is tyre and brake life if you get happy with your foot,

speak to chad for rica, hlm for a very simular map. both are on this forum, is it a pre or post me7 mate ? ( what year is the car )

Taff - t5
Tuesday 20th July 2010, 20:56
Its on a W plate 2000?

brett craig
Tuesday 20th July 2010, 21:05
should be a me7 then, thats out of the cheaper hlm map range , options then are to speak to chad re-rica , a bsr map which i dont know alot about for performance or a mte map, also worth checking the hlm website as they will do them for the me7 but which upgrade they sell for it i'm not sure.

t5_monkey
Tuesday 20th July 2010, 21:25
Life depends more on TLC than mapping :) things always go wrong eventually, you'll just have a lot more fun along the way with it mapped :D

MIKESC70T5
Tuesday 20th July 2010, 22:26
I've got the rica ppc remap on my me7 c70 which is plug and play. Just plug it into the diagnostic port in the centre armrest, wait 3 minutes and 7 seconds and it's remapped for around £520. Plug it back in again if you want to take the map off. The increase is around 30 bhp. Pick up from around 2500 rpm is lovely and smooth all the way to the red line. I've had mine on for about 2 years without any issues. Others use mte with very positive results .

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 11:54
I've had 4 remaps on my C70 to date & the ATM map from HLM is by far the best I've seen - most efficient use of the parameters anyway.

Knight Rider
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 15:21
I still haven't done anything regarding a remap after verything ive spent on it over the last 3 years i probably should get my ass in gear and do it -

link...............BSR reckon 322bhp & 455Nm torque

http://www.bsruk.co.uk/tuning_products.asp?sec=tk&m=&mo=&e=&page=27

streaky744
Saturday 31st July 2010, 23:40
i was quoted £443 from local Rica agent in doncaster for my me7.

so seems a fair price for it, just wanted to ask has anyone used this agent or should i use someone who is tried and tested?

bubba_1986
Sunday 1st August 2010, 12:04
I can vouch for daves atm remap, the delivery is lovely and smooth though powerfull. The pull in 3rd and 4th is great.

Go for the ATM from Hlm

350 quid if you take it in, includes before and after rolling road, i was meant to get mine done in august but things didn't work out

streaky744
Sunday 1st August 2010, 20:01
gat a link for hlm for contact details and where is he based? not that need an excuse to go for a drive as loving the car.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 1st August 2010, 21:10
I am going to HLM tomorrow - to drop back some ABS ECUs & get my ABS sensor ring sorted.

streaky744
Monday 2nd August 2010, 12:26
where is it then wobbly? as in what part of country cheers

Wobbly Dave
Monday 2nd August 2010, 13:59
Worcestershire - in Bromsgrove - to the South West of Birmingham - Jnc 5 off the M5.

Happygilmore78
Monday 2nd August 2010, 14:25
Had the pleasure of being a passenger in Wobbly's silver bullet, and would recommend from my personal experience also.

Dacvolvo
Monday 2nd August 2010, 20:05
Had the pleasure of being a passenger in Wobbly's silver bullet, and would recommend from my personal experience also.

What? Wobbly Dave or his car? :D Ha ha ha ha ha.

Seriously though, I had a Rica 310Bhp on my 1998 C70 T5 GT and it was amazing for 2 years until I crashed it one night. The car had around 132,000 miles on her when it crashed. Was silky smooth and very powerful.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 01:58
I would like to point out at this time that my ATM remap (4th out of the ones on the "Silver Bullet") is a custom remap - not off the shelf, so to speak. However given the amount of boost (not much more than regular) - only .8 bar on the 19T - it is by far the most impressive, as my finishing speed on the quarter so states - just a shame I haven't the talent for a quick start. Rica is also a fine product but their aftercare/troubleshooting is woeful IMHO. I have little experience personally with BSR or MTE/TME (depending on which way you put it).

Based on my own experience with the genuinely good result with ATM - I would take their standard off the shelf in preference to anyone else currently.

Happygilmore78
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 10:10
Just to add to Wobbly again, if you get a remap with Hamish and then modify your car more - for example you get it chipped, then decide to stick an exhaust on it, sports cat, whatever etc etc - you can take it back to him and he will remap it again, but only charge you for his time, not another remap! Now that is a good service in my opinion!

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 22:31
Done me a good deal on a set of falken 235/35/r19s today. Also fixed up my split ring (ouch).

streaky744
Tuesday 3rd August 2010, 23:45
is there a direct link for hlm? or contact details so can arrange to get mine done.

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 09:27
http://www.hlmtuning.co.uk/

hamish
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 09:39
is there a direct link for hlm? or contact details so can arrange to get mine done.

Hello,

Give me a call at work.:bounce:

Regards,
Hamish.
www.hlmtuning.co.uk

streaky744
Wednesday 4th August 2010, 16:30
thanks hamish will do