PDA

View Full Version : 15G turbo on a 940??

Crazy_C
Tuesday 20th July 2010, 01:29
Will the 15G turbo from my 850 T5 fit onto the B230FT lump in my new 940??

Will I need to modify anything like the brackets or mounts?

And finally, what psi can I run through the engine safely without blowing anything up or causing any damage? I've seen on some forums saying the B230FT can cope with 20psi happily on stock internals? Is this correct??

Cheers

smithy
Tuesday 20th July 2010, 11:20
hello mate welcome to rwd fun .yes the 15g/16t/18t/19t turbos all fit on the 940 and the engine will take more than 20psi if tuned properly.with these turbos you have to clock the inlet side of the turbo to be able to fit properly.i would get a fpr and some white or me7 blues injectors and the the ballister resister mod because 940s use low z and the 850s use high z injectors .if the 15g has not got a conical flange to bolt up to the exhaust you will need to have the exhaust slightly modded to fit but not a major problem hope this helps and you will see 260 to 280 bhp with a decent exhaust and race cat

Crazy_C
Tuesday 20th July 2010, 19:10
Cheers mate.

What cars do those injectors come on as standard?

I don't actually know what an FPR is though, or a ballister resistor mod.

Oh, and stuff paying out for a race cat. I'm gonna run a straight through exhaust!!! Got MOT till June ;) LOL

p fandango
Tuesday 20th July 2010, 19:15
I don't actually know what an FPR is though, or a ballister resistor mod.
FPR is Fuel Pressure Regulator, & i assume the ballister resistor is a box to change the impedance of the injectors so the ECU doesn't have a fit

smithy
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 10:14
the ballist resistor is bolted to the right hand side flitch by the battery .all you have to do is cut off the resisters and solder all the wires together and then you can use me7 blue injectors

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 10:16
I have got to get me a 940 turbo, just gotta get some money together.

smithy
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 10:23
come and join the club mate lol

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 10:31
I used to have a 2litre NA saloon, but then got rid when I had my 850. Have just got to get the pennies together.

Saw a 940 estate with 46k on the clock for £2k last night (supposed to be previously owned by Richard Hammond - whatever)

smithy
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 12:01
i would pick a good 1 for 600 and play with it mate.

Crazy_C
Wednesday 21st July 2010, 14:25
Cheers smithy. Any pics of where said wires n resistors are? Don't wanna screw it up by cutting wrong ones.

N I got mine for £325 so right result there :D just gotta get the power up. ME7, that's post 2000 ain't it, like S60 / V70 yea? So I want the injectors off one of them? Or will my 850 T5 orange injectors do seeing as I already have them.

With the fpr, what do I need to do for that?

Cheers guys. Sorry for all the questions, only ever really worked on yank V8s. Lol

smithy
Thursday 22nd July 2010, 09:50
the orange injectors are smaller than the standard 940 ones due to you using 5 on t5 and 4 on 940.the me7 blues are 395cc on the post 2000 v70/s60 t5s.i will post up pics for you regarding resister pack.if i was you why dont you get a fpr and an mbc and turn the boost up to 15 psi on the 13c and see what you think.it is possible to pull 220 bhp to 250 bhp on that turbo and because the turbo is small it makes the car very quick just an idea.

Crazy_C
Thursday 22nd July 2010, 21:55
if i was you why dont you get a fpr and an mbc and turn the boost up to 15 psi on the 13c and see what you think.it is possible to pull 220 bhp to 250 bhp on that turbo and because the turbo is small it makes the car very quick just an idea.

Cheers mate, I'll try that first, but I'll keep the 15G turbo though just in case I want it for future playing heheheee

Any recommendations on a good FPR to get? Cheers :)

smithy
Friday 23rd July 2010, 10:58
i run a black top fse fpr not a boost valve

Mental Wealth Doctor
Sunday 8th August 2010, 15:23
Will be putting mot on a nice 940 classic estate soon. its 2.4t petrol, black leather 130000miles
electric everything cruise control. last of the real volvos future classic{no pun intended}lol
i'll post up some pics in the for sale this next week.
be perfect for you bomb, in fact perhaps you could do some mechanic work on mine in part exchange for the 940??? fit a 16t do the turbo return seal replace some hoses???

Mental Wealth Doctor
Sunday 8th August 2010, 15:24
I used to have a 2litre NA saloon, but then got rid when I had my 850. Have just got to get the pennies together.

Saw a 940 estate with 46k on the clock for £2k last night (supposed to be previously owned by Richard Hammond - whatever)

Will be putting mot on a nice 940 classic estate soon. its 2.4t petrol, black leather 130000miles
electric everything cruise control. last of the real volvos future classic{no pun intended}lol
be perfect for you bomb, in fact perhaps you could do some mechanic work on mine in part exchange for the 940??? fit a 16t do the turbo return seal replace some hoses???

smithy
Sunday 8th August 2010, 20:39
where do you live mate

Crazy_C
Thursday 12th August 2010, 19:59
Bloody hell!!!

There is no way in hell that that is a straight forwards job!! From stuff I'd read it was saying that it was a simple enough job!! 8 1/2 hours with me and a mechanic mate of mine working almost non stop (about 7 1/2 hours of work in total) and the 15G is on there. The intercooler pipework is squished, twisted and not pretty but it's on there.

No more smoke, not quite as loud anymore, and drives lovely :D

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 12th August 2010, 23:03
If you wanted to mate, I wouldn't mind having a mini meet and helping out. Those oil return sels are a real pain to do on our awds.

smithy
Friday 13th August 2010, 13:18
Bloody hell!!!

There is no way in hell that that is a straight forwards job!! From stuff I'd read it was saying that it was a simple enough job!! 8 1/2 hours with me and a mechanic mate of mine working almost non stop (about 7 1/2 hours of work in total) and the 15G is on there. The intercooler pipework is squished, twisted and not pretty but it's on there.

No more smoke, not quite as loud anymore, and drives lovely :D

the pipework should be in the same place mate but atleast you have done it.weldone.

Crazy_C
Friday 13th August 2010, 16:56
Dunno if it's different on the 96 t5 but it's on!! No where near an easy job though, lots of cutting n reworking required.

Mental Wealth Doctor
Tuesday 17th August 2010, 23:50
If you wanted to mate, I wouldn't mind having a mini meet and helping out. Those oil return sels are a real pain to do on our awds.

Sorry for delay in reply lol
Yeh that would be awesome Dave, dont spose you wanna give a hand refurbing a turbo? change the compressor wheel to 16t.?
oh and 940 is gonna have mot tommorow.

glock19
Tuesday 30th November 2010, 14:06
Smithy,
Any pictures on the resistor pack mod for the blue injectors ?

I'm getting another 940-LPT (A) but I have a 16T, blue injectors, galaxy 16", Ignition chip and fuel chip from JP-Styling waiting to go.

Volvo history apart from other marques :
940-LPT Auto (Blue) - Standard - SOLD
850-T5 Auto (Burgundy) with Perfo/Michelin - RICA 280 -SOLD
940-LPT Auto (Pearl White) with Galaxy/Michelin - JP-Styling EcoTrim - SOLD
850-R Manual (Red) with Volans/Michelin - RICA 304 - SOLD
850-T5 Auto (Yellow GUL) with Titans/Falken - Turbo Tuner/19T/Green : Current Ride
940-LPT Auto (Future) with Galaxy - 16T/Blues/JP Styling Max

smithy
Tuesday 30th November 2010, 22:38
Smithy,
Any pictures on the resistor pack mod for the blue injectors ?

I'm getting another 940-LPT (A) but I have a 16T, blue injectors, galaxy 16", Ignition chip and fuel chip from JP-Styling waiting to go.

Volvo history apart from other marques :
940-LPT Auto (Blue) - Standard - SOLD
850-T5 Auto (Burgundy) with Perfo/Michelin - RICA 280 -SOLD
940-LPT Auto (Pearl White) with Galaxy/Michelin - JP-Styling EcoTrim - SOLD
850-R Manual (Red) with Volans/Michelin - RICA 304 - SOLD
850-T5 Auto (Yellow GUL) with Titans/Falken - Turbo Tuner/19T/Green : Current Ride
940-LPT Auto (Future) with Galaxy - 16T/Blues/JP Styling Max

i will post up some pics when i take it off the car