hi all got eiback sportline springs and oe shocks fitted
my question is how long after fitting will you notice the 30mm drop they claim
it does
thanks
roy

t5_monkey
Wednesday 14th July 2010, 22:14
Hi Roy,

It takes a few days for a car to settle apparently, so give it a week.

30mm won't be all that much, you may have to check the gap between the wheels and the top of the arches to really notice it.

Where abouts in Scotland are you?

edgeyt5
Wednesday 14th July 2010, 22:19
hi thanks
i did take dim and seem they only droped 5mm so far i do hope they come down some more

nobananas
Wednesday 14th July 2010, 22:49
Remember sometimes the drop they state is for a standard car if your's is a T5 it may already be lower then standard so the drop won't be as much.

t5_monkey
Wednesday 14th July 2010, 22:53
if you were on sports suspension that was prob 15mm lower already, so you may just get a 15mm drop - you should feel it's a bit firmer around the corners tho?

edgeyt5
Thursday 15th July 2010, 07:52
mornin guys thanks for the replys ye forgot bout that does look bit lower and round corners its alot better think arbs would make a real big diffrence tho another question when drivin through the gears i get wot sounds like a whoooo noise each time i change through the gears ,its a bit like years ago when the radio in the car showed up interfearance through the speakers

t5_monkey
Thursday 15th July 2010, 11:49
I don't think that'll be the springs :) ARBs make an epic difference.

edgeyt5
Thursday 15th July 2010, 13:50
ha lol i no you any ideas wot it could be or is the turbo im hearing now that the
acuator got adjusted

t5_monkey
Thursday 15th July 2010, 14:00
It's prob the turbo - take your bonnet sound insulation off, if you can hear it even more it's likely just turbo whine :)

edgeyt5
Thursday 15th July 2010, 15:45
hi never heard this untill it came from the garage is it anything to worry about whats turbo whine

t5_monkey
Thursday 15th July 2010, 15:51
hi never heard this untill it came from the garage is it anything to worry about whats turbo whine

just the sound of the turbo spinning and pumping air like what you get on turbo diesels :)

edgeyt5
Thursday 15th July 2010, 16:06
hi just have to see how it goes
by the way i live in arbroath angus