PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy door locks

Spellsinger
Tuesday 5th July 2005, 21:46
undefined
undefined
Has anyone out there had any probs with drivers door locks on the 96 T5 GLT estate? the remote locks the central locking, including the drivers door, but the key will not turn in the drivers door lock! the spare key ( non-remote) will open and close the cental locking from the passenger door but again will not turn the drivers door lock.

I've had the trim off to have a butchers at it but I can't see anything that looks out of place!

Any Suggestions? (anatomically possible ones only please)

Spellsinger

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 6th July 2005, 11:22
Spray rocket WD40 into the lock on the drivers door. If all else fails you can always swap the barrels over from the passenger side. You shouldnt need to use the drivers door lock anyway, as you have the remote.

Martinr
Wednesday 6th July 2005, 11:54
If like me you have a dog, locking the car with the key allows you to leave them in it without setting the alarm off.

My car is the same spec and I haven't had this problem. May be a sticky lock or maybe the lock was changed to one from a different key suite by a previous owner following a break in.

Spellsinger
Saturday 9th July 2005, 22:07
Thanks Fellas,
I've done the WD40 bit already but I'll check out whether the key/Lock barrel has been changed. If it has I'll have the lock barrel swapped over from the passenger side. :

Spellsinger