PDA

View Full Version : Remap + mbc on a standard t5 ok?

850t5
Wednesday 14th July 2010, 02:45
Can you have a standard 850 t5 fitted with a hks mbc as well as a hamish stylee remap? I've seen threads saying whether to have one or the other so would there be a problem having both?

p fandango
Wednesday 14th July 2010, 05:07
Can you have a standard 850 t5 fitted with a hks mbc as well as a hamish stylee remap? I've seen threads saying whether to have one or the other so would there be a problem having both?
i know of a few people who run both, but you will need to be carefull because some of the safety limits will be either raised or removed with the remap so you can easily wind the boost up too much with the EBC & cause damage

JelT5
Wednesday 14th July 2010, 06:43
I run both now, probably why my clutch release bearing has said cheerio- too much torque lol
Just be careful and enjoy the savagery :D

nobananas
Wednesday 14th July 2010, 19:03
Probably okay if you just set your MBC to the boost limit that the remap is supposed to produce. My 304 Rica is supposed to boost to 1.1 bar but doesn't always hit it so I suppose having an MBC as well set to 1.1 bar would be okay.,

Rnash2002
Wednesday 14th July 2010, 19:56
As stated by others just be careful,i run one just untill i get my gizzmo sorted and im running a bigger turbo and its been ok.

850t5
Thursday 15th July 2010, 01:20
Cheers lads. Still a lot of shoulds and probablys for my liking tho... I love my car far too much to blow it up.

nobananas
Thursday 15th July 2010, 18:47
Cheers lads. Still a lot of shoulds and probablys for my liking tho... I love my car far too much to blow it up.

The reason people are being non-committal is that all vehicles are different. An MBC valve only ups the boost leaving the standard map to try and cope with extra fueling. Some people have pushed quite high boost levels using an MBC and have had no problems, others haven't been so lucky and have suffered bent rods from too much boost or burnt pistons from running too lean. I used to run an MBC set at standard boost and even that made a big difference to the way the power was delivered and was safe as the boost was no higher than standard.

850t5
Friday 16th July 2010, 01:14
Cheers nobananas. What is the standard boost level and what is deemed safe to take a standard t5 up to?

p fandango
Friday 16th July 2010, 04:58
Cheers nobananas. What is the standard boost level and what is deemed safe to take a standard t5 up to?
standard boost is about 8-9psi, 13psi is considered safe with a MBC on the stock ECU