PDA

View Full Version : bloody wipers

daveker
Monday 12th July 2010, 17:21
Hi was wondering if anyone could help me out after a long search i finally bought a replacement o/s headlight wiper arm for my 51 reg C70 T5 coupe i have fitted it and to my dismay my headlight wipers dont work im sure they did when i bought the car 2 months ago and i am due an m.o.t. very soon are the headlight wipers a fail if they not working and does anyone have any fixes i could try????

Vikingxl
Monday 12th July 2010, 18:05
Am lot of people take them off and bin them

daveker
Monday 12th July 2010, 20:26
now thats an easy repair lol just the type i like lol!!!

v70torslanda
Monday 12th July 2010, 21:46
The wipers will only work when your headlamps are switched on. Day runners won't do it.

On P2s this means the switch needs to be in the vertical position, I'm not sure about C70s, I've only ever driven one and that was 5 years ago!

IIRC you need to activate the switch for 2 seconds or more for the light wash/wipe to kick in.

Results may vary . . .

luv'n'stuff

John

Dacvolvo
Monday 12th July 2010, 21:54
Interesting... I've just disconnected my head light wiper blades about 40 minutes ago and then I read this thread... What's the chances?

Ha ha ha.

I always disconnect the wiring for the daft wee headlight wipers as the blades wear waaaay too easily and my cars are never allowed to get to the point were they're that dirty that I can't see the road.

Even when I bought crystal headlights for my C70, the first thing I thought was that I'd better disconnect the wiper blades as the first bit of mud or dirt that's on the head lights when the blades make a passing sweep will leave scratches.

it's usually the very first mod I carry out on every single Volvo I own :D