PDA

View Full Version : dump valve..

R-200vi
Thursday 8th July 2010, 19:16
Looking at getting a baileys for my t4. But need to know what width T pipe i need to fit into the top boost hose looks like a fat pipe.

gmain1967
Thursday 8th July 2010, 19:27
I'm assuming you mean the TB to IC pipe? It's around 63 to 65mm bore. On mine, the IC outlet and the TB inlet, are not quite the same. If the T section for the valve is slightly less, don't worry. A decent set of mikalor clamps or similar will account for that. I would recommend making a custom pipe however, as the original item makes it impossible to mount the valve in it's ideal location (as close to TB as possible).

I am currently waiting on 65mm SFS hoses coming, to do mine properly.

Flatout Phil
Thursday 8th July 2010, 20:40
Put an offer in on one of these - Forge is a bit smarter than a Bailey IMHO - I put in an offer about 10% lower and I reckon they would go down further as I am sure this stuff is not shifting and the mark up is huge. This way you get the whole kit and no messing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORGE-VOLVO-S40-V40-TWIN-PISTON-DUMP-VALVE-BOV-FIT-KIT-/270450478096?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3ef81acc10

gmain1967
Thursday 8th July 2010, 20:47
I'd agree with Flatoutphil - it's the Forge that I've got fitted. And if you up boost or whatever, you can change to a stronger spring to avoid leaking boost.

R-200vi
Sunday 11th July 2010, 12:31
I just put the T-pipe into the top hose in the end.. Will make a hole new top boost hose when i start working on the engine.. I've got myself a bailey but its a single piston one and the cars not idling right with it fitted.. leting in unsenserd air. Got it of ebay so i didnt know what sort it was. which i sold it to a mate yesterday so it not all bad.. Im after a double action one? is that whats a twin piston dump valve is?

brett craig
Sunday 11th July 2010, 12:37
I just put the T-pipe into the top hose in the end.. Will make a hole new top boost hose when i start working on the engine.. I've got myself a bailey but its a single piston one and the cars not idling right with it fitted.. leting in unsenserd air. Got it of ebay so i didnt know what sort it was. which i sold it to a mate yesterday so it not all bad.. Im after a double action one? is that whats a twin piston dump valve is?

may have a twin piston unit coming up for sale very soon if interested ?

R-200vi
Sunday 11th July 2010, 12:40
Is the twin piston one the one i need then? well how soon as im also now stuck with out a car? how much and where are you?

gmain1967
Sunday 11th July 2010, 13:48
Yes. A T4 will NOT run correctly with a single piston dumpvalve.

brett craig
Sunday 11th July 2010, 16:03
Is the twin piston one the one i need then? well how soon as im also now stuck with out a car? how much and where are you?

you have a pm

R-200vi
Wednesday 14th July 2010, 23:32
Got the dump valve fiitted seems to be liking a drop more of the fuel...