PDA

View Full Version : Washer Relay?

AndyG
Tuesday 5th July 2005, 15:06
Help!!!

The front wipers (and washers) on my 850 T5 estate are stuck ON...!!!

I've tried a new control stalk on the steering column as I was told that had the relay built into it. Didn't work! It looks like the relay in the stalk controls the rear wiper as that still works ok.

Does anybody know which relay in the fuse box controls the washers and wipers?

Redbrick
Tuesday 5th July 2005, 19:10
The relay is the plastic Duplo block with the pins out the bottom, yes?

If yes then its up behind the steering wheel somewhere, a good arms reach!

If replacing it go and get 3B0 955 531 from your local Audi/ Seat/ Skoda parts dept. Its a straight swop and gives you adjustable intermittent wipe. NICE ;)

Goof
Tuesday 5th July 2005, 19:21
How do you control the intermittent delay? There's no delay set button thingy on 850 wiper stalk.

Redbrick
Tuesday 5th July 2005, 21:00
You turn on the intermittent- up on the stalk. You let it do a few sweeps and as it returns to the start position you turn the wipers off. When you turn the intermittent back on it remembers how long they were off for and wipes using that delay. Clear as mud :(

Intermitant on, sweep, normal delay, sweep, normal delay, sweep. Wipers off. Wipers back on 8 secs later and then-
sweep, delay for 8 secs, sweep, 8 sec delay, sweep etc etc.

You can set it to delay 1 sec to 10/15 secs, never really timed it.

I'm useless at explaining stuff, more hands on.

A total plug'n'play mod that you get used to in time.

dicky b t5
Tuesday 5th July 2005, 21:21
WELL I NEVER..! You learn something new every day...! :slap:

AndyG
Wednesday 6th July 2005, 08:51
Thanks for ya help.
I'd found out where the relay was under the dash (...only had to break my arm in two places to get it out!!) and have already ordered a straight replacement. Gutted I'd not heard about the variable intermittent relay until now.
I'm just hoping that the new relay fixes the problem.