PDA

View Full Version : s40 Airbags

Andy_d
Thursday 8th July 2010, 00:43
Do we yet have a method of Resetting the SRS/Airbag warning lights on the 2001 on S40 (non GDI) cars?

its NOT a airbag/sensor fault,,its a "helper" who Kindly turned the ignition On for me, to test the drivers seat after connecting it up ,,while i was Still bolting the passenger seat in........

Hand held code scanner? Pc/laptop based sw with USB lead ?
either or is ok , up to about the £300 + vat level.

Dont bother with "goto a main dealer" , after the last ones attempt to rip me off for £500+ of work the car does not need i will Never return to a main dealers "service" dept.

scoobysn7x
Thursday 8th July 2010, 09:27
I think it will normally sort itself out after a few starts, thats if the fault has been rectified, you could try disconnecting the battery for longer than 30 minutes (make sure you've got you radio code), to be honest you should really disconnect the battery and wait 10 minutes or so before doing anything with the airbags/seats, as its been known for airbags to fire accidently when work is being done on the seats/steering wheel without disconnecting the battery, point in case my mate triggered the side bag in his focus when he was doing a seat swap, side window smashed when the airbag wnet off as well, he was lucky not to get hurt