PDA

View Full Version : air con removal

leet5r
Sunday 4th July 2010, 15:48
does any 1 have any pics of the air con removed , and whats the best easyest way to do , i want to remover the air con rad so i can use a thicker intercooler etc and think it will help with a bit weight loss.
cheers

Tomcat
Sunday 4th July 2010, 16:22
Just buy yourself a belt off a none aircon car and then remove the pump/aircon rad etc...... Simples....Wonder if the aircon rad off an 850 is the same as a 960?, I need one for mine,lol.

leet5r
Sunday 4th July 2010, 16:28
Just buy yourself a belt off a none aircon car and then remove the pump/aircon rad etc...... Simples....Wonder if the aircon rad off an 850 is the same as a 960?, I need one for mine,lol.

if it is al swap for 1 of ya spliters lol

Tomcat
Sunday 4th July 2010, 16:32
Lol.....

dooby
Sunday 4th July 2010, 17:41
Hi,

you can keep the air-con and still have a thicker intercooler if you want. It's a bit harder maybe, with some modification and fabrication but that's what I'm running.

There's a thread with some pics here:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=65061

HTH, Pete

leet5r
Sunday 4th July 2010, 21:16
Lol.....

tomcat if you found out that its the correct 1 for yours , al take mine off and do a deal for a spliter like m8

Tomcat
Sunday 4th July 2010, 22:10
No probs mate, just got to find out now....

Redbrick
Monday 5th July 2010, 00:07
does any 1 have any pics of the air con removed , and whats the best easyest way to do , i want to remover the air con rad so i can use a thicker intercooler etc and think it will help with a bit weight loss.
cheers

Funny isn't it, I'm trying to put aircon back into my 855 after it was butchered with bolt croppers to fit a bigger intercooler. Borrow the aircon pipe removal tools from your local dealer, the blue and black ones are the ones you need. They fit on the hard pipes and when you pull them back into the quick release fittings they expand the circular springs that hold the fittings together. You can then put everything back in if you ever want aircon back. Remember there is no need to loose your aircon, with a bit of playing you can keep it with a bigger IC. You should get the system de-gassed before disconnecting anything.
HTH Andy

leet5r
Monday 5th July 2010, 16:59
it doesnt work like , wether it needs re gassing or what., am after a big big intercooler when funds allow and also the volvo RIP kit