PDA

View Full Version : Fooling systems with 2 o2 sensors..

Tomcat
Sunday 4th July 2010, 14:56
A thought occured to me earlier, as we know it's quite easy to get rid of the cat on the 850's because they only have the one o2 sensor before the cat, however on some cars (like my 960) it has two, one before and one after the cat, because of this it's not possible to just remove the cat as the system would pick it up. What I'm wondering is....would it be possible to take the electrical connection from the second o2 sensor (the one after the cat) and hard wire it into the leads from the first one, that way the system think's it's still got two o2's but in fact it's only got one(does that make sense?), if this works then I'd be able to cut the damn cat out and gain some much value'd horsepower.

MC_Bob
Sunday 4th July 2010, 15:06
Nope, the second takes different values and makes sure the cat is in working order. Its true purpose really is to show if the cat is working or not. When mine went down the car used a lot of fuel too.

There are spacers you can aquire, how affective these are I cant say.

Hope this helps/

Tomcat
Sunday 4th July 2010, 15:09
Ahhh....good point, don't know why that didn't occur to me, probably because I'm clutching at straws,lol. Thanks for your input.

SAMXPJ
Wednesday 7th July 2010, 01:20
Be nice to know just what the parameters these O2 sensers are looking for as then it would be possible to make up a dummy unit to give the wiring to the ABS just what it is looking for. I also think there is a relationship to the 1st and second sensor readings as some 70series T5s are OK with race cats and others bring up engine faults lights.

t5 pete
Wednesday 7th July 2010, 08:09
ide just put a race cat in and that way it will also pass the mot