PDA

View Full Version : Removing front seats...

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 22:33
Just a quicky really on above.

As they have airbags in, do i need to disconnect battery or anthing first, or am i ok just getting them out as they are?

Have just bought a mint interior for mine, only needed drivers seat, but got everything for good price so am chuffed, these are unmarked and also heated :)

Cheers

streaky744
Thursday 1st July 2010, 21:12
just unplug all wires and remove seats, no need to disconnect battery, but you can if you wish

Wobbly Dave
Friday 2nd July 2010, 11:01
I would disconnect the negative on the battery just to be on the safe side. If you get stuck just ring me (I am good with that sort of thing)

Wombatbomb
Friday 2nd July 2010, 11:28
Just a quicky really on above.

As they have airbags in, do i need to disconnect battery or anthing first, or am i ok just getting them out as they are?

Have just bought a mint interior for mine, only needed drivers seat, but got everything for good price so am chuffed, these are unmarked and also heated :)

Cheers

If you don't disconnect the battery first the SRS light will come on, this cannot be extinguished without the services of a decent code-reader (i.e. by giving Volvo £40).

Happygilmore78
Friday 2nd July 2010, 12:04
Cheers as usual guys, i think the battery will be disconnected to avoid a possible un-happygilmore.

Coming next week, chuffed, they are minters with no damage or wear + are heated :)
Lets hope they dont get trashed in transit, not bothered about the rest, just the front seats.

Thanks

Nathan

jdavis
Friday 2nd July 2010, 14:45
I seem to remember something in the Haynes book of tricks about a clip that you have to insert somewhere.

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 7th July 2010, 16:58
Coming Friday now, to fit weekend still :) . Had a look underneath, there are 3 plugs - one i assume for SIPS - are the other 2 for if they are heated and electric?

Quite impressed with the ease it looks to get seats out, just 4 bolts and a screw :)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 8th July 2010, 00:36
yes all you need do is remove the lower seat belt slide - (25 torx IIRC behind a plastic flap), remove the trim covers to access the main bolts (14mm IIRC). Before removing the plugs ensure that the battery is disconnected (but that's already been said ^^^)

When refitting you should use a drop of thread lock to ensure they stay put. My tip is to move the steering wheel lock so that it is as far in and up as it will go and use something to cover the door step just in case - as you don't want to dint the silver running plate or the paintwork. floor mats are good for this purpose.

Happygilmore78
Thursday 8th July 2010, 09:37
Cheers buddy :)