PDA

View Full Version : how to drive

brett craig
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 21:46
With a mbc fitted ?

tomorrow the S70 will be fully kitted with its new exhaust and mbc, i am setting this at 12-13psi as i am aware that boost cut follows not far after.

how do you drive with it set at this ? is it easy on the throttle in first 2 gears and boot in 3rd onwards or boot it whenever you feel like it regardless ?

as you know i'm investing time and money to get this car tuned correctly so i dont want engine parts on the drive !!

p fandango
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 21:49
erm, i think you'll be taking it easy in the lower gears anyway mate just to try & keep traction mate :firedevil

brett craig
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 21:51
funny thing is it does not spin up even in first with the filter and rip kit fitted, i'm hoping that the mbc and exhaust may improve that, followed by the 960 tb

p fandango
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 21:52
funny thing is it does not spin up even in first with the filter and rip kit fitted, i'm hoping that the mbc and exhaust may improve that, followed by the 960 tb
don't you worry mate, the MBC will make all the difference

brett craig
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 21:55
the other bonus i found tonight is that even though its a s70 it has no " post " cat lamba, so a de-cat is also on the order books ! ( dont worry i have a good mot tester lol )

p fandango
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 21:59
the other bonus i found tonight is that even though its a s70 it has no " post " cat lamba, so a de-cat is also on the order books ! ( dont worry i have a good mot tester lol )
your certainly going to notice a difference after tomorrow then lol

LiamT4
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 22:02

Are all the s70's like that? My t4 had 1 before and 1 after the cat and i know the 850's just have 1. How many does my s70r have? (its a 98, pre me7)

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 22:07
Are all the s70's like that? My t4 had 1 before and 1 after the cat and i know the 850's just have 1. How many does my s70r have? (its a 98, pre me7)

My '97 S70 has 2

brett craig
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 22:08
your certainly going to notice a difference after tomorrow then lol

like i said mate i want to go the correct route rather than the halfords and blow up route, with what i have learned and the advice i have got from good peaple like yourself it should be a storming car.

Are all the s70's like that? My t4 had 1 before and 1 after the cat and i know the 850's just have 1. How many does my s70r have? (its a 98, pre me7

mines a 98 pre me7 mate, i assumed it had 2 but when i pulled my exhaust off tonight ready for tomorrow i only found 1 pre cat, its worth going under yours and having a look.

brett craig
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 22:10
My '97 S70 has 2

strange or luck of the draw ? mines standard volvo fitment underneath and definately has the 1 lamba, is yours a T5 or a T5r chris ?

LiamT4
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 22:11
Cheers. Thats a shame. Still, it didn't stop me from getting a de-cat on my t4, love the smell of a car with a de-cat :D

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 22:13
strange or luck of the draw ? mines standard volvo fitment underneath and definately has the 1 lamba, is yours a T5 or a T5r chris ?

It's a T5 mate

brett craig
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 22:19
Cheers. Thats a shame. Still, it didn't stop me from getting a de-cat on my t4, love the smell of a car with a de-cat :D

costs nothing to get down and have a look underneath mate, you never know you may be lucky !

It's a T5 mate

very nice looking S70 chris, nice to see someone else thats likes his car to shine ( cough cough )

whats the front bumper/splitter if you dont mind me asking ?