PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Wipers

tonic110
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 10:30
Morning Gents.
Could someone please advise as to how the intermittent wiper pattern is controlled ? Is it via ECU or Relay (if that makes any sense). I only ask because mine seem to work when THEY seem fit, and not to any set pattern.

I know it is summat and nowt, but damn annoying in the rain.
Cheers.
Tony.

Liddo
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 10:36
My S60 SE must have rain sensitive wipers, because when set to "intermtitant", if i go passed a lorry that sprays me, they kick in straight away, and sometimes they go ££££ing crazy :crazy: and go on full blast when theres no need to :D I think the sensor is behind the rear view mirror.

Probably doesnt help you, but thats my take on mine ;)

tonic110
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 10:51
Cheers Liddo ! Sorry, should have mentioned that mine is a 53 reg S60 D5. Was just wondering if there is a way to re-set the wiper pattern.
Cheers.
Tony.

Liddo
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 11:00
Cheers Liddo ! Sorry, should have mentioned that mine is a 53 reg S60 D5. Was just wondering if there is a way to re-set the wiper pattern.
Cheers.
Tony.

So is mine mate ;) , and i think they are "Auto" when set to intermitant, so its up to the sensor as to when the wipers wipe. Wouldnt have a clue on how to change it though :confused: Im sure someone on here may know IF it can be done

v70torslanda
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 12:20
The 'click wheel' on the stalk changes sensitivity.

Switch the wipers to off when you stop the car or the auto function is disabled until you touch the stalk again . . .

Liddo
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 12:26
The 'click wheel' on the stalk changes sensitivity.

Ohhhhh, so the "click wheel" changes the sensitivity and not the time between wipes??? Well ya learn something every day on here ;)

tonic110
Wednesday 30th June 2010, 12:41
Thank you John & Liddo !
One lives and learns.
Tony.