PDA

View Full Version : S40 Head Unit Conversion double-DIN to ISO

wright_t5
Saturday 26th June 2010, 19:30
HI,

I have an S40 fitted with head unit HU-1205 with two DIN sockets, one has 6 pins, the other ( Which I have connected ) has 8 pins...

I need an adaptor for an 8 pin or the wirining diagram so I can make one for myself!!

Any help out there? what are my options..

I have the Aerial adaptor, and the Wiring adaptor to ISO, I just need to know what the 8 pins are doing!!! and where do they lead!! hah pardon the pun..

wright_t5
Thursday 1st July 2010, 14:57
Ok, no worries about the first question... I got answers...

The 6 pin is for an inbuilt AMP ( which I dont have... )

The 8 pin is the MELBUS, used to connect other devices, CD Changer, Ipod, etc...

So I can use that for sound leads for my own install in the boot, sweet, saves one job..

Next question, which some out there must be able to answer...

On the back of the head unit, there is of course the power lead, and speaker leads... then theres the aerial ( dodgy volvo one, but thats not a problem )

Then I have a small thin lead, single connector, black wire!!! I think it is an earth for the head unit - seperate... haven't checked it yet, just wonder if anyone out there knows if thats true or false??

I ripped the old unit out, now have a single DIN unit, Ipod connected etc... so happy that way...

silverback02
Tuesday 10th August 2010, 12:24
Does that single lead plug into a socket next to the main aerial lead?
Because some Volvo head units had TWO aerial leads, one large main one (looked like a "Normal" aerial socket and then a smaller one at the side of it.
If your new unit only has the one main aerial lead then no probs, just put it to one side,
Joe.