PDA

View Full Version : 850 T-5 97 Loss of coolant

gotmeaT-5
Monday 21st June 2010, 12:38
My 850 T-5 has began to burn/loose its coolant from the rear pipe going over the rear heat shield but the clip doesnt look normal it looks like there should be an external key/cap to undo it any help please?

Rnash2002
Monday 21st June 2010, 13:41
My 850 T-5 has began to burn/loose its coolant from the rear pipe going over the rear heat shield but the clip doesnt look normal it looks like there should be an external key/cap to undo it any help please?

The one from the top of the turbo running to the left had side of the engine as you look at it?

Flatout Phil
Monday 21st June 2010, 13:44

It is a factory fitted crimp clip (my name for them). It should replace with a jubilee clip or similar AS FAR AS I KNOW! Trick is to grip the protuding end of the clip on each side with a pair of pliers and t-w-i-s-t until it breaks apart.

I had a water leak on one of these pipes by the turbo - it just snapped. The heat from the turbo bakes the rubber solid after about ten years. Rufe will supply a suitable hose.

gotmeaT-5
Friday 25th June 2010, 21:04
Yes it's the one you describe [Rnash] Sadly the clip is not as you describe [Flatout Phil] I will try to get a photo or two then have to work out how to upload them so I will try to describe them here : Both have the jubilee strap style fitting looking normal there is no screwdriver blade or a 7mm hex style but more of a square key not like a Torx bit either or even a 1/4 rachet end I've never seen anything looking like the fitting.

Dan850r
Saturday 26th June 2010, 16:02
Ive just replaced mine as it happens, you need a small torx bit T15 , its a fiddly job to do as the clutch pipe (if its a manual) is in the way, and you need child size hands to get in there.

gotmeaT-5
Saturday 26th June 2010, 17:20
Cheers for the heads up will get one on Monday