PDA

View Full Version : hu 803 & ipod

ngt68
Sunday 20th June 2010, 22:14
hi guys, my problem is, i have a stuck CD in the unit, and it gives the usual 'error' message, i've tried everything to get it out, but failed! what i'm wondering is, if i fitted a 'hard wired' ipod kit, would it work with there being the stuck disc, and 'error? hopefully somebody knows!

cheers, neil.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 20th June 2010, 23:09
I am pretty good at getting cd's out of those things. If you send it to me I will get it out and send it back?

Storm-Troll
Monday 21st June 2010, 00:16
I am pretty good at getting cd's out of those things. If you send it to me I will get it out and send it back?

you gonna use that heavy mallett again?... problem solved lol.

Libra
Monday 21st June 2010, 12:26
Don't you have to get the HU re-programmed at the dealers if you disconnect it from the cars wiring?

dobbin
Monday 21st June 2010, 14:33
if its the original unit you should get away with it as its already matched up to the car and i think the 801/3 units dont need a code either? hope fully you should be able to plug it back in and have no probs, there are a few tips if you search for getting stuck cd's out of the units, have a search in here

Wobbly Dave
Monday 21st June 2010, 16:43
Don't you have to get the HU re-programmed at the dealers if you disconnect it from the cars wiring?
Yes - you have to have the code. If you don't have it you can get it from Volvo