PDA

View Full Version : engine light S80 T6

stevem
Saturday 19th June 2010, 20:44
Just picked up a 1999 S80 and driving home with it the message came on the screen "engine system service required" along with the warning triangle. Shortly after the engine light on the right side came on.
Just checked the coollant level - it was low - filled it up and the message and the triangle went but the engine light has stayed on.
Are these things linked - is it likely that the light will eventually reset and go out?

Thanks for your help - i expect a few teething issues!! :)

andyb1375
Sunday 20th June 2010, 20:18
Hi Buddy.You need to have the codes read. You you are anywhere near Norfolk I will gladly rear them FOC.

stevem
Sunday 20th June 2010, 20:35
Hi Buddy.You need to have the codes read. You you are anywhere near Norfolk I will gladly rear them FOC.

Hi Andy
Thanks very much for your offer - unfortunately I live in Huddersfield so maybe a bit too far to travel :)

Tomcat
Sunday 20th June 2010, 20:41
There is a forum code reader available, do a search for 'Who's got the code reader', put your name on the list and the last person who'd done with it will post it out to you.

stevem
Friday 25th June 2010, 12:52
Quick update - indie checked out the codes and the cat is on the way out. It "fell out of sync"
Anybody got an approx cost of replacement - 1999 S80 T6
cheers
steve

princepugh
Friday 25th June 2010, 17:28
Might be worth a second opinion to be sure as a CAT ain't gonna be cheap!

TBH I'd be surprised if it was the CAT unless the car has done some serious mileage or been bump started repeatedly?

stevem
Friday 25th June 2010, 20:30
Might be worth a second opinion to be sure as a CAT ain't gonna be cheap!

TBH I'd be surprised if it was the CAT unless the car has done some serious mileage or been bump started repeatedly?

not sure about the bump start thing but it has done 120k miles.
Gonna keep an eye on it and see how things progress

Cheers

Laserowl
Tuesday 6th July 2010, 21:48
@stevem Did you get sorted out with the CAT ? I have a spare CAT (used) sitting in my garage with a full set of lamda sensors bought as spare for my T6 but if your stuck and intrested we could talk cash, also have access to Volvo Dice code reader and Vida.
I do charge as the kit cost me loads but im not as much as a dealer. Also only just of the M1 J31.

princepugh
Wednesday 7th July 2010, 09:30
Another 'Sheffieldshire' member huh?

stevem
Thursday 15th July 2010, 22:44
@stevem Did you get sorted out with the CAT ? I have a spare CAT (used) sitting in my garage with a full set of lamda sensors bought as spare for my T6 but if your stuck and intrested we could talk cash, also have access to Volvo Dice code reader and Vida.
I do charge as the kit cost me loads but im not as much as a dealer. Also only just of the M1 J31.

Hi Laserowl
Soz it took so long to get back to you - Apparently it is one of the cats that is faulty but they dont know which one. I suppose if the price is right I could buy yours and fit it. Im in Holmfirth so quite close to you so maybe I could pop down and take it off your hands. Do you have a price in mind

Cheers
Steve

Laserowl
Sunday 18th July 2010, 09:45
@Stevem
You have PM.

@Princepugh

Yes m8 another sheffielder, although nearer to Worksop these days.

T5frankie
Sunday 18th July 2010, 09:49
try re-setting the battery first, take off the leads for a couple of hours this action sometimes resets the engine lights