PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything I can do..............

Trudge
Tuesday 15th June 2010, 22:13
to get a bit more out of my humble 2.0i 10v V70 auto?

I would love to 'upgrade' to a V70 with a bigger engine but as I haven't been driving for very long the cost of Insurance is a BIG factor in not doing so.

LiamT4
Tuesday 15th June 2010, 22:32
Sell it and get a V40 2.0t, the low pressure turbo, think they are about insurance group 13? Sorry but don't think there is much you can do really. If you got a panel filter, exhaust, remap i still don't think you would get much more then 20bhp on a 2L N/A engine. You could try and de-cat it, very cheap way of getting some power, but doubt that would get you any more than 10bhp max.

t5_monkey
Tuesday 15th June 2010, 23:10
Get a decat and straight through exhaust.

It'll still be piss slow.. but it will sound like a Honda Civic Type R :)

Apparently K&N air intakes (or the equivalent) can be good for N/A cars - but you'll never get that much really without £££ or a turbo.

Personally - be happy with your current car and start planning how to progress your career so you can afford something more fruity! you'll forget your barge after a couple of years when you can slip into a Nice S70R or something like that.

My insurance wasn't too bad and I got this car as my first car.

Was £1000 per year, with no claims and no driving experience - but had held my licence for 4 years (I was 28 at the time) but then it's very dependent on postcodes too I believe.

As already said - Stock old T4 or 2L Turbo S40 is prob the cheapest way into some decent performance.