PDA

View Full Version : blow engine up

cartoonhead
Monday 14th June 2010, 16:41
every car i have owned up to now i have blew up the engine, im wanting to go for a top speed run in my 850 t5 now i have an hlm chip in it ,has anybody had a volvo engine go bang

Al115
Monday 14th June 2010, 16:51
A few people :)

GregE102
Monday 14th June 2010, 17:46
Yes!

But way do you mean when you say "Bang"?

nobananas
Monday 14th June 2010, 20:21
every car i have owned up to now i have blew up the engine, im wanting to go for a top speed run in my 850 t5 now i have an hlm chip in it ,has anybody had a volvo engine go bang

There may be a common factor in your previous car problems ! LOL

t5 pete
Monday 14th June 2010, 20:26
whats actually hapend to the engine

Dangerous Dave
Monday 14th June 2010, 21:04
There may be a common factor in your previous car problems ! LOL
Hmmm yeah LOL

Filterlab
Monday 14th June 2010, 21:08
every car i have owned up to now i have blew up the engine...
And yet I've had 18 cars and never had a single one 'blow up', or fail in fact.

It could be to do with the weight of your right foot coupled to your driving style that's the problem. No doubt you'll "blow up" your Volvo too.

brett craig
Monday 14th June 2010, 21:22
owned 26 cars and 18 bikes over the years and apart from the usual wear and tear components ive never blown anything up ?

worked at donington race track for 4 years so had plenty of stick, its more down to control and care, warming and cooling properly and not over reving/ stretching things to far.

old rule of thumb, " take car of your car and it will take care of you " !!!!

p fandango
Monday 14th June 2010, 22:02
i've blown a car up :biggrin:

Suzuki SJ410's are only geared to do 50mph (which i didn't know at the time), at 90mph+ & the radio turned up loud enough so you can't hear the engine screaming its little head off results in a piston deciding to pop thru the side of the block to get some air lol

brett craig
Monday 14th June 2010, 22:10
suprised that was still on 4 wheels, normaly there on there roof at the first sight of a corner !! lmfao

ANDY B
Monday 14th June 2010, 22:15
Check the oil etc so it won't blow up
Check suspension,brakes,tracking ect
check your tyres very carefully,pressures,damage,speed rating etc.
IF ALL is ok then please be sensible and go to a track.
these are very fast cars
be safe and good luck

p fandango
Monday 14th June 2010, 22:54
suprised that was still on 4 wheels, normaly there on there roof at the first sight of a corner !! lmfao
never had any stability problems with it & i used to give it some stick (upto 50mph lol)

cartoonhead
Tuesday 15th June 2010, 13:38
thanks all mmm yes i know im at fault for all the engines usually when on a drive with pals in there cars the engines have all went ,now im very wary when the revs start to get higher in top gear as thats when all the rest gave up,will mabe not bother for a while atleast till after summer hols

Filterlab
Tuesday 15th June 2010, 14:24
Having said that Cartoonhead, the Volvo T5 engines have more to give at lower engine speeds; rev one past 4250rpm on the standard turbo and you'll not benefit as the set-up is for torque at lower engine speeds. Even with a remap there's little to be found that high up.

Change up early and enjoy the midrange thrust. ;)

850 2.5 10v
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 11:15
If you'd had engines blow in the past...why risk it again with a "top speed run".

I'd suggest you get an invite to "vmax" at Bruntingthorpe and go for it there if you have too....

wegal
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 11:40
Ive owned 15 cars in the last 18 years..... Ive raced some of those..... and ive never lost an engine.

In the middle of the car there is a wiggly bit, that wiggly bit is connected to all sorts of funny wheel things with teeth on them, in this great big box thingy under the car. On the floor of the drivers seat area on the left hand side is a pedal... its the one farthest away from the go faster pedal, and its next the go slower pedal. If you push this third pedal then grab the wiggly bit between the two front seats and wiggle it around some, then let go of the third pedal a strange thing happens.... all those teeth covered wheely things move around and then the car can go faster.

On the dash some cars have a funny dial that moves round a clock until it reaches a red bit, noramlly around the 6,000 mark. When it reaches that red bit then its time to do the wiggly middle bit and the third pedal bit. I understand that this may seem cumboresome and time consuming, but its generally worth it in the end.

If you dont have a dial on the dash then you will have to rely on the mark one ear system. When the engine sounds like its in pain then reach of the wiggley bit again.

These small driving tips will save you many thousands of pounds.

If the engine is redlined or screaming in pain for more than a few seconds then they tend to get mad and stop working............

850 2.5 10v
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 14:27
Or save yourself the hassle and look up your drivers manual for what top speed the car has in 5th....

Filterlab
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 14:36
Or save yourself the hassle and look up your drivers manual for what top speed the car has in 5th....
In fact I can save you that much work. From Parker's:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Filterlab/T5-Parkers.jpg`

850 2.5 10v
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 14:42
And there you have it.

No blown engine and an answer!

Filterlab
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 14:51
And there you have it.

Top bombing mate. We are THE public service for all your Volvo related matters. :D

Cartoonhead, I hope you're appreciative. ;)

850 2.5 10v
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 16:02
We are an ace public service for all things Volvo!!

p fandango
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 16:07
And there you have it.

ah but..................

he's got a remap so it'll be faster than the factory book speed. I'll get the fire extinguisher :mad111:

Filterlab
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 16:08
Add 5mph then. :D

p fandango
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 16:10
Add 5mph then. :D
thats cheating lol

rocket ronny
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 16:25

its quite worrying really that someone as clearly moronic as you can even own a car such as T5 ,lets pray you not only "blew up "your engine on your "top speed run" but you manage to terminate your miserable existence in the attempt (without of course harming any innocent people /animals in the process )

Al115
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 16:34
Rocket Ronny - go back and read the Forum Rules please, particularly the one about "Being Polite". No need for that, we're a friendly place.

t5 pete
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 22:08
some ones has definatly got something stuck up there a**e if you can not say any thing nice dont bother saying anything at all

Justin
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 23:19
Rocket ronny has been banned as we have discovered him to be a previously banned member, the first ban didnt do much for his attitude either by the looks of it!

PaulZX
Wednesday 16th June 2010, 23:58
out of intrest, where are you going for your top speed run? I've always wanted to know of place you could go to do such things....

p fandango
Thursday 17th June 2010, 06:05
out of intrest, where are you going for your top speed run? I've always wanted to know of place you could go to do such things....
Bruntingthorpe mate, they've got a 2mile runway to use