PDA

View Full Version : window drop system....

DoubleD
Wednesday 9th June 2010, 22:29
right bare with me why i try explain.... heres what i intend to do, ive got a mate who makes custom installs and dashs etc, we was on about them wind deflectors what usually mount over the windows on the door, and me liking to do things diffenrently want to get these fitted!! BUT because the c70 has no pillers ive found a way of mounting the deflector in the sill on the roof.... my only problem is that when installed you would not be able to open the door as the window would hit the deflector..... so, i was wondering as the windows drop a little when the door is opened is ther a way of changing the settings so the window drops about 3 or 4" when the door is opened? how does the car know how far to drop the windows when opened? is it programmed into the ecu or is it siply some kind of switch in the door? thanks

bubba_1986
Thursday 10th June 2010, 12:56
i take it your are talking about the new c70?, as old ones dont drop.

If so i would imagine there is light sensor, which is normal open and when it is cut it starts the sequernce, which would be to activate the motor. A set time can be apllied then will stop the motor.

Programable logic controller would most likeley be used via ecu for this.

If this is the case you can either try and reprogram the timer, or move the sensor.

Hope this helps

:D

Happygilmore78
Thursday 10th June 2010, 14:29
Mine don't drop, they dont need to as they press against the rubber, not slot up into it.