View Full Version : Are All C70 T5's, GT,s

Markzx
Friday 26th November 2004, 14:53
Does anyone know

A, are all C70 T5's "GT" and if not all "GT" whats the difference

B, Is it true that a limited number of C70 R's were made for L/H/D and where
they really 400 bhp

C, Is it true that all male Saxo and Nova drivers are latent homo sexuals who
try covering it up with bizarre OTT expressions of macho-ness.

D, Why it is illegal to cull either of the above

lance
Friday 26th November 2004, 15:43
Does anyone know

they really 400 bhp

C, Is it true that all male Saxo and Nova drivers are latent homo sexuals who
try covering it up with bizarre OTT expressions of macho-ness.

D, Why it is illegal to cull either of the above
D Yes unfortunatly

volvotuning
Friday 26th November 2004, 16:27
Does anyone know

they really 400 bhp

GT is high spec, ie electrically adjustable seats etc.
400 bhp C70R - no such thing exists, at least not from the Volvo factory.

Adam.

Murphy
Friday 26th November 2004, 16:32
C, Is it true that all male Saxo and Nova drivers are latent homo sexuals who try covering it up with bizarre OTT expressions of macho-ness.

:eek: I like Saxo's just sold my VTR, good cars indeed, best handling car you can get - ever :)

Now nova's are the ultimate chav chariot, i agree with that much :D

lance
Friday 26th November 2004, 16:40
:eek: I like Saxo's just sold my VTR, good cars indeed, best handling car you can get - ever :)

Now nova's are the ultimate chav chariot, i agree with that much :D

Thats why I said maybe Current Saxo mate :wink:
I think the scuba poo Impreza Turbo is your average CHAVS dream car as they r loud n rude init like

Murphy
Friday 26th November 2004, 16:46
Thats why I said maybe Current Saxo mate :wink:
I think the scuba poo Impreza Turbo is your average CHAVS dream car as they r loud n rude init like

i think all cars get to a stage where they have scummy/chavvy/barry owners. Saxo's are often modded, but not that many chavs, as in motor mania special. I feel the lexus rear light has killed off a lot of cars, like the scooby, Saxo, all peugeots, civic type R clio's etc etc -

Markzx
Friday 26th November 2004, 17:58
: best handling car you can get - ever :)

:D

LMAO

I don't think so.

A good friend of mine actually produces Turbo kits for Saxo's and even a well sorted VVTI Turbo maybe call a compitant handling car but, best ever! Not by a long shot.

Murphy
Friday 26th November 2004, 18:11
LMAO

I don't think so.

A good friend of mine actually produces Turbo kits for Saxo's and even a well sorted VVTI Turbo maybe call a compitant handling car but, best ever! Not by a long shot.

Well i think they are pretty unbeatable as a production car on 185/55/14 wheels. Last time i checked, turbos didn't help cars handle, but i will check ;)

Markzx
Friday 26th November 2004, 18:53
Well i think they are pretty unbeatable as a production car on 185/55/14 wheels. Last time i checked, turbos didn't help cars handle, but i will check ;)

I said "a well sorted" meaning exactly that ie uprated suspension, brakes, camber kits, strut and tie bar bracing etc.

So you think they are comparable in the handleing stakes to the likes, of a Porche Boxster, Toyota Celica gen 7 or gen 6, Evo 4/5/6/7 , Nissan Almeira GT SI, sunny pulsar, lotus Elise, Audi A4 quatro, Honda CRX, Prelude type R, skyline R32/33/34 Vspec or the real king of the handling stakes the Noble GTO 3 and loads more.

I'll agree that they are highly entretaining for small bucks but there are better handling cars around for the money.

Murphy
Monday 29th November 2004, 09:58
I said "a well sorted" meaning exactly that ie uprated suspension, brakes, camber kits, strut and tie bar bracing etc.

So you think they are comparable in the handleing stakes to the likes, of a Porche Boxster, Toyota Celica gen 7 or gen 6, Evo 4/5/6/7 , Nissan Almeira GT SI, sunny pulsar, lotus Elise, Audi A4 quatro, Honda CRX, Prelude type R, skyline R32/33/34 Vspec or the real king of the handling stakes the Noble GTO 3 and loads more.

I'll agree that they are highly entretaining for small bucks but there are better handling cars around for the money.

When talking stock, out the factory cars, the Saxo is up there and yes it handles better than:

Porche Boxster
Toyota Celica gen 7 or gen 6
Evo 4/5/6/7
Nissan Almeira GT SI
sunny pulsar
Audi A4 quatro
Honda CRX
Prelude type R
skyline R32/33/34 Vspec

The noble and the elise are exceptionally good around the bends, and i take it you haven't driven many of the above cars. The Audi quattro is utter ££££e around the bends, even the S series is not very clever. AWD cars are certainly not comparable and rely more on grip than handling, and honda's are hardly comparable to the french !

I know you dislike the saxo but i can assure you they really are one of the best handling cars and no doubt the best FWD.

All opinions of course

:wink:

Bracer
Monday 29th November 2004, 10:30
Boys boys boys, calm down :rolleyes:

Markzx
Monday 29th November 2004, 17:17
When talking stock, out the factory cars, the Saxo is up there and yes it handles better than:

Porche Boxster
Toyota Celica gen 7 or gen 6
Evo 4/5/6/7
Nissan Almeira GT SI
sunny pulsar
Audi A4 quatro
Honda CRX
Prelude type R
skyline R32/33/34 Vspec

The noble and the elise are exceptionally good around the bends, and i take it you haven't driven many of the above cars. The Audi quattro is utter ££££e around the bends, even the S series is not very clever. AWD cars are certainly not comparable and rely more on grip than handling, and honda's are hardly comparable to the french !

I know you dislike the saxo but i can assure you they really are one of the best handling cars and no doubt the best FWD.

All opinions of course

:wink:

Oh dear we are touchy and very presumptuous. I presently own three of the above cars and have owned all of the above exept the Boxster, Noble and the R34 Vespec.

We sold my wifes Boxster S when we started work on our New house and I have done many Noble Track days. The Saxo a better handling car than the Boxster!! LMAO and split my sides. This is a wind up isn't it?

It is irrelevant as to how superior handling is achieved, be it via grip or balance of chassis. Better to have both and that is why my experience of the cars above and the Saxos. If you really drive em hard the only place the Saxo will get you first before the above list, is off the road.

Perhaps your driving style isn't as aggressive as mine and therefore you feel the Saxo suit you better. My all time favourite car after the Noble (and I'll have to wait a while before I can have one) is my Z and they handle cr@p, well for a sports car, but its it tailend snappyness and aggressive power delivery that make it on of the most exiting and demanding cars to drive. if you like the Saxo you won't like the Z. I've now had three because when I 've sold them, I've always missed scaring myself silly and my wife says i'm not allowed any more motorbikes :cry:

Murphy
Monday 29th November 2004, 18:10
Oh dear we are touchy and very presumptuous. I presently own three of the above cars and have owned all of the above exept the Boxster, Noble and the R34 Vespec.

We sold my wifes Boxster S when we started work on our New house and I have done many Noble Track days. The Saxo a better handling car than the Boxster!! LMAO and split my sides. This is a wind up isn't it?

It is irrelevant as to how superior handling is achieved, be it via grip or balance of chassis. Better to have both and that is why my experience of the cars above and the Saxos. If you really drive em hard the only place the Saxo will get you first before the above list, is off the road.

Perhaps your driving style isn't as aggressive as mine and therefore you feel the Saxo suit you better. My all time favourite car after the Noble (and I'll have to wait a while before I can have one) is my Z and they handle cr@p, well for a sports car, but its it tailend snappyness and aggressive power delivery that make it on of the most exiting and demanding cars to drive. if you like the Saxo you won't like the Z. I've now had three because when I 've sold them, I've always missed scaring myself silly and my wife says i'm not allowed any more motorbikes :cry:

Ok - i will give up with only a couple of points.

I never like to prusume as i am sure you wouldn't. My driving is safe, i don't take the risks i used to, but i can still make better progress than most around the twisties locally. I myself have owned just a couple of cars with similar recipe's to those you have owned, a Audi Quattro coupe being one, and a BMW E30 M3 being the other. So i have tested some greats from the world of FWD, RWD and AWD. My preference is in rear wheel drive, having owned 2 E30 BMW's i like the feel of them on the road. 1 car i am sure we car both agree is the most supirior is the Porsche 996 GT3 RS, a fantastic combo of high power low torque rear engined obscene brakes and a very competant chasis allowing the likes of my grandma to do a sub 10 min around the Nurburgring.

The french need really to be acknowledged for their chasis design. Ultra simple and ultra effective. Miles of smiles / £££. So i think we both have a passion for certain area's of car manufacture, yours being Japanese and mine being French. At least we can meet in the middle with the Volvo
:)

Andy

Bracer
Monday 29th November 2004, 18:13
Ahhhhhhhh

Feel the LOVE people

:smlove2:

Markzx
Monday 29th November 2004, 19:44
So i have tested some greats from the world of FWD, RWD and AWD. My preference is in rear wheel drive, having owned 2 E30 BMW's i like the feel of them on the road. 1 car i am sure we car both agree is the most supirior is the Porsche 996 GT3 RS, a fantastic combo of high power low torque rear engined obscene brakes and a very competant chasis allowing the likes of my grandma to do a sub 10 min around the Nurburgring.

The french need really to be acknowledged for their chasis design. Ultra simple and ultra effective. Miles of smiles / £££. So i think we both have a passion for certain area's of car manufacture, yours being Japanese and mine being French. At least we can meet in the middle with the Volvo
:)

Andy

I've not driven the GT3 but I believe it is sublime. (carn't afford one either ) I haven't got my mits on one yet. I prefer RWD cars though I have been fortunate in having a business that once upon a time could sponcer my pulicity stunts at trashing good rally cars. + I've had a few cars because I could at the time, but thanks to the new Taxation laws unless you have an Elise company cars are not Tax viable.

I'm not Jap biast its just what ( now having barn covertions Kids etc) I can aford ford fun. Though my love afare with Z's started in 1990. I think because when they first came out they could blow anything less than a Ferrari F40 it just left me with an unshakable impression.

I like a lot of the GErman stuff but, who can aford it unless you sleep in it.
4 years ago we bought 3 Elsie for the firm. Great GoKarts but like the older 911's you were crippled if you went any real distance + you had to be Orygamy to get in and out. but the dealer still hopes we'll do it again so we get invited to all their Track day test drives and nosh. They are also the TVR and Noble dealer so This year alone I've been to Brands, Silverstone and Oulton Park. I like the TVR's as well there a real hoot, but the Noble is the best thing I've ever driven ever, ever, ever. So one day.

Bracer
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 09:46
LOL :wink:

C70T5
Tuesday 7th December 2004, 21:14
Back on errr topic :sinner:

The GT as Adam said is full spec. These are mainly found as automatic, just simply because that's what most customers specified when buying. This includes:

Full leather (Some with velour split)
Cruise control with finger tip increase and decrease also resume function. (Volvo Std)
Dual passenger/driver Climate control and Air conditioning
Electric sunroof
Electric seats
Electric heated mirrors
Heated seats
STC (TRACS)
Dolby surround sound with SC-901 3 disc head unit and 6 disk boot changer. 400 watt amplifier and Dyna Audio speakers with twin 10" subs.
17" Alloys with 225 - 45 - 17's (Choice of wheel style, some come with the £400 per corner BBS split rims)
C70 mats as Std (£90! to buy)

The electric seats are often a bad idea in a two door car so the next in line the GS comes with all the same toys buy no electric seats. Still heated though.

Below that is the std T5. This comes with..... a T5 under the hood. No TRACS, no dolby (some have SC-901 head unit but no center speaker) No electric sunroof, in fact no sunroof at all. Other refinements include, leather seats, dual climate control...... and...... oh you get the same size alloys!

Hope that is as clear as mud. :eek:

Markzx
Wednesday 8th December 2004, 18:44
Back on errr topic :sinner:

The GT as Adam said is full spec. These are mainly found as automatic, just simply because that's what most customers specified when buying. This includes:

Full leather (Some with velour split)
Cruise control with finger tip increase and decrease also resume function. (Volvo Std)
Electric sunroof
Electric seats
Electric heated mirrors
Heated seats
STC (TRACS)
Dolby surround sound with SC-901 3 disc head unit and 6 disk boot changer. 400 watt amplifier and Dyna Audio speakers with twin 10" subs.
17" Alloys with 225 - 45 - 17's (Choice of wheel style, some come with the £400 per corner BBS split rims)
C70 mats as Std (£90! to buy)

The electric seats are often a bad idea in a two door car so the next in line the GS comes with all the same toys buy no electric seats. Still heated though.

Below that is the std T5. This comes with..... a T5 under the hood. No TRACS, no dolby (some have SC-901 head unit but no center speaker) No electric sunroof, in fact no sunroof at all. Other refinements include, leather seats, dual climate control...... and...... oh you get the same size alloys!

Hope that is as clear as mud. :eek:

I always thought GT stood for Grand Tourismo or Grand Tourer in English.
Mine is the GT with the auto, but No Lecky seats which you say is GS. It says its a GT Auto on the log book so is it? Anyway its a very nice car and since I got my head round the Auto box I'm quite enjoying it.

It could do with a set of Eibachs on it though as shes a bit soft for my liking.
I've had this one about 6 months and the kids like it better than the 850 Balistic Brick, but it doesn't feel as quick. Maybe because its auto.

C70T5
Wednesday 8th December 2004, 19:32
I always thought GT stood for Grand Tourismo or Grand Tourer in English.
Mine is the GT with the auto, but No Lecky seats which you say is GS. It says its a GT Auto on the log book so is it?

I'd say still possible. The C70 is not a production car so to speak, each one pre, I think 2001 was specked by the prospective buyer. With that can come log book confusion. Though Volvo did advertise the GT as having electric seats. If your car is a 98 or 99 car the original spec on delivery could have been GT with the seats removed for ease of use, perhaps a long term buyer of coupes in general who knew what a pain in the neck the seats could be?

Markzx
Thursday 9th December 2004, 12:32
I'd say still possible. The C70 is not a production car so to speak, each one pre, I think 2001 was specked by the prospective buyer. With that can come log book confusion. Though Volvo did advertise the GT as having electric seats. If your car is a 98 or 99 car the original spec on delivery could have been GT with the seats removed for ease of use, perhaps a long term buyer of coupes in general who knew what a pain in the neck the seats could be?

Yep she's a 98.

I don't understand why the lecky seats should be such a pain though. You see my Z has lecky seats, but to let people (small children) in or out of the back seats (questional description as to wether thay really are back seats) all you do is lift the leaver on the side of the seat and slide it forward. Infact its a much easier opperation than the C70 seats. Yet they are fully electric movement of squab, back and forth, front and rear hight or lower,+ upper lumber ajustment, incline or recline and the wingy bits at each side of you to stop you sliding out of your seat. So they could have made em user friendly.

Anyway it doesn't detract from the car.

01c70t5
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 13:43
Mines a 01 GT, no electric seats and no dolby speaker. Everything else as mentioned above (apart from it was spec'd with 16" rims).

Don't the GT squat a little closer to the ground too?

nikgallagher
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 15:21
Started reading through this message and was surprised to see Bracer appear!!! Back from the I don't know where....

....then saw the date and realised this thread has been bumped up! :slap:

chrisall
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 09:14
I *think* mine is a GT, it has:

Full leather, heated, electric seats
Heated electric mirrors
TRACS
Electric sunroof
Dual aircon
17'' alloys
Dynaudio speakers
C70 mats
Computer
Low suspension

BUT:

Single disc CD player
No cruise
Doesn't say 'GT' on the logbook

Is there any way of finding out for definate? Would Volvo be able to tell off the VIN?

Cheers,
Chrisall.

C70GT
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 11:36
Mine is a GT

18inch BBS alloys
Full leather
Driver and Passenger electric memory seats
Computer
Crusie Control
Dolby pro logic 3 cd
Heated seats
C70 mats
Cruise control with finger tip increase and decrease also resume function.
Electric heated mirrors
STC (TRACS)
And probably some more I've forgotten.

Broaders
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 12:00
Are the BBS alloys 18 inch or can you also get them 17 inch ? All the C70's in the trader say different sizes, some quote the BBS as 17 and some quote them as 18's ?

C70T5
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 12:37
Are the BBS alloys 18 inch or can you also get them 17 inch ? All the C70's in the trader say different sizes, some quote the BBS as 17 and some quote them as 18's ?

My BBS where 17 but 18 are available yet not common due to the cost at new, mine also came with the std lowering kit and stiffer suspension, this is also extra at new even on a GT spec car.

I'm not sure if you can get the lowering kit fitted and have the 18's due to the wheel size hitting the arches, mine nearly did with the 17's so I would not like to push an 18 on there.

V8guitar
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 13:31
I was also surprised to see Bracer's name as well! I was all fired up for a debate on handling!

Anyway, I don't know but isnb't the GT spec a slightly higher spec than standard BUT leccy seats and Dolby must still have been optional extra's. My Bro inlaw has just bought a GT and it has leccy seats and Dolby as well as 18" volvo allys..

aeroresh
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 21:17
I remember reading in the brochure back in '99 that leccy seats were optional on the GT. However even if you specced it the memory function cost another few hundred!... :troutslap

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 23:43
Mine's just bloody quick.

MarcusK
Friday 26th August 2005, 19:14
Mines a T5 Convertible and GT Spec...has the toys mentioned above, computer / heated seats / cruise etc.. plus GT means it's lowered.

Has the Sat Nav system / 12 speaker audio (3CD) and STC (not sure if this is std across the range)..but no leccy seats?

C70T5
Friday 26th August 2005, 23:47
Mines a T5 Convertible and GT Spec...has the toys mentioned above, computer / heated seats / cruise etc.. plus GT means it's lowered.

Has the Sat Nav system / 12 speaker audio (3CD) and STC (not sure if this is std across the range)..but no leccy seats?

No your right none of that is stock. The Sat Nav is rare in pre 2003 cars. The no electric seats is common as for some reason people do opt out :slap:

the_boy
Saturday 27th August 2005, 00:04
They opt out as the electric seats are a HUGE pain in the bum :sheep:

C70T5
Saturday 27th August 2005, 00:05
They opt out as the electric seats are a HUGE pain in the bum :sheep:

I hear that