PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Sat Nav Help needed!

elizakate
Monday 7th June 2010, 12:20
Hi All
Hoping someone can help , PLEASE! Just bought a S80 (55 plate) with fitted sat nav. Problem is, I have not been able to get it to speak to me while on the move. Yes, the voice is switched on. The screen shows all the route as the car is moving but no vocal instructions, also no details of distance to destination. I have followed all the instructions in the book but - silence apart from being told to proceed to the destination when I first ask for guidance. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Flatout Phil
Monday 7th June 2010, 14:25
Hi All
Hoping someone can help , PLEASE! Just bought a S80 (55 plate) with fitted sat nav. Problem is, I have not been able to get it to speak to me while on the move. Yes, the voice is switched on. The screen shows all the route as the car is moving but no vocal instructions, also no details of distance to destination. I have followed all the instructions in the book but - silence apart from being told to proceed to the destination when I first ask for guidance. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Now I don't know what the solution is, but if you ring FRF Volvo in Swansea and ask to speak to Simon in the parts department AND TELL HIM YOU ARE FROM THE VPCUK FORUM I am sure he will give you sound advice. He runs a mail order service for Volvo parts at discount rates, is a member of this forum, and a throughly nice chap who knows his Volvos - and if he doesn't he will know a man who can.
Phil.

Vikingxl
Monday 7th June 2010, 16:08
Im with FP