PDA

View Full Version : 850 T5 stereo upgrades

davie b
Tuesday 1st June 2010, 10:59
Any one got any recommendations for stereo upgrades for the 850 T5 ,
i want something with bluetooth and that will sync to my i phone .

Is the standard stereo single din or double din , sorry for being a thicko
Cheers
Dave

orse
Tuesday 1st June 2010, 11:17
Hi,the standard stereo is double din.But a single din stereo fits in there and there is a couple of options to fill the gap left.Autoleads do a 3cd holder which can double up as a little storage/cubby hole.Volvo do a 8cd holder which does look quite nice unfortunately they only do it in grey now.Should also say this is for the v70 but it fits right and looks nice.Recently bought two one for my R and one for my gramps,they come in at £17 for both bits you need.As for headunits i think its personal preferance me myself always go for pioneers.

the-man-that-can
Tuesday 1st June 2010, 11:23
hi dave well on my t5r it was a double din head unit. u can either fit a double din head unit or u can fit a standard size head unit if u buy a single DIN pocket/tray like this one on fleabay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-DIN-Pocket-Tray-Double-Din-Adapter-FP-016-/250524510830?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_FasciaPlates_SM&hash=item3a546caa6e

Crazy_C
Wednesday 2nd June 2010, 00:19
I would advise having a look at the Kenwood and Pioneer range of head units. Very good selection with good quality sounds, and they do both single and double DIN units.