PDA

View Full Version : V70R AWD Rubbish handbrake

bigndaft
Thursday 30th June 2005, 14:31
Is it me?...or is it a bad design. my handbrake wouldn't be able to hold my Lion trike that I had when i was 4...so its no chance with a near two tonne monster. I have replaced the shoes and freed up a jammed strange mechanism that is supposed to expand the shoes. the shoes seem to wobble about freely, there is a ratchet type adjuster that you have no access to when the brake disk is in position :pants: , with the AWD its really difficult to spin the wheel freely so as to adjust and then its wheel and disk off to adjust and try again consequently I cooked one side after a visit to IKEA :slap:
Anyone had this problem?

stuAWD
Thursday 30th June 2005, 19:16
Now you mention it mine is a load s**t to. Not tried adjusting though, i'm happy to put the auto box in park. I keep telling meself that i,m to busy to do it. I guess I'm just a lazy b****r.

andi t5
Thursday 30th June 2005, 20:35
Is it me?...or is it a bad design. my handbrake wouldn't be able to hold my Lion trike that I had when i was 4...so its no chance with a near two tonne monster. I have replaced the shoes and freed up a jammed strange mechanism that is supposed to expand the shoes. the shoes seem to wobble about freely, there is a ratchet type adjuster that you have no access to when the brake disk is in position :pants: , with the AWD its really difficult to spin the wheel freely so as to adjust and then its wheel and disk off to adjust and try again consequently I cooked one side after a visit to IKEA :slap:
Anyone had this problem? its you,if you adjust it properly or get someone who has some idea what they are doing to adjust it for you it will work fine,theres nothing wrong with the design

stuAWD
Friday 1st July 2005, 14:08
its you,if you adjust it properly or get someone who has some idea what they are doing to adjust it for you it will work fine,theres nothing wrong with the design
Feel free to elaborate. You might even tempt me to have go.

bigndaft
Friday 1st July 2005, 15:17
I have changed the handbrake shoes on my xplod with no trouble at all, its the fact that there is no access hole in the back plate of the drum to poke a screwdriver and move the ratchet, don't really want to start drilling holes :slap: