PDA

View Full Version : "WHICH" Test Track

Matt30462
Thursday 30th June 2005, 13:40
Stumbled across a possible event today. Whilst out delivering, I happened upon a little speed test area that is available for hire. It's 2 miles long and straight (it's where they used to test for "Which" magazine. Halstead in Esseex is the venue and at the moment all I can tell you is it's £40.00 per session (3hours) or £60.00 for a full day. Now a meeting is not what it is designed for but I am waiting for details from the owner to see if they can accomodate. I'll keep you posted.

If provisionally interested, please say.

siamblue
Thursday 30th June 2005, 14:12
Yes please, Now have they got their own timing gear?

Mrsmopp
Thursday 30th June 2005, 14:15
It would be nice to have somewhere to drag a little over the 1/4 mile as the T5 is only just getting going when the track runs out @ 1/4 mile......

I'd def be interested especially if they can provide timing equipment.

x

dicky b t5
Thursday 30th June 2005, 14:20
Stumbled across a possible event today. Whilst out delivering, I happened upon a little speed test area that is available for hire. It's 2 miles long and straight (it's where they used to test for "Which" magazine. Halstead in Esseex is the venue and at the moment all I can tell you is it's £40.00 per session (3hours) or £60.00 for a full day. Now a meeting is not what it is designed for but I am waiting for details from the owner to see if they can accomodate. I'll keep you posted.

If provisionally interested, please say.
Yes Matty deffo..! Halstead not far from us at all , funny little town though..!

splatt
Thursday 30th June 2005, 15:35
me of course!! :B_steerin

Matt30462
Thursday 30th June 2005, 17:54
Ok, home now, able to put a few bones on this. This is not a drag strip, there is no timing gear that I know of. The "track" is used as a prooving ground for builders/drivers of race cars and has certain rules and criteria. Firstly it is available to anyone aged 14+, for single vehicle use, there are 2 sessions per day with 10 am to 1pm then 2pm to 5pm we can book either or both sessions. Certain other rules that are common sense stuff. Now as I was thinking of a meet here, I have got to speak to the owner to see if we can skirt some of the rules ie can we run more than one car providing we only run 1 at a time? I have a booking form here that I will scan so everyone can see the details. Sadly it has got a bit wet and some areas are not very clear however the main details are ok. I will have to send it as an email to someone who can post it to this thread as I am an idiot and don't know how to. Can someone offer their services to do this please.
Thats it for now, more to come when I have more info.