Pirelli p zero @£94.50
goodyear gsd @£88
kumho @ £57.50

was recomended the Kumho as a good cheap tyre
any thoughts?

Murphy
Friday 26th November 2004, 12:23
P-zero's will last you around 4000 miles - avoid at all costs

I have had Toyo Proxies on mine, not that convinced. I found Yokahama A539's to be good right until metal is showing in all weather and you would get more miles than a pirreli. But one of the best all round value tyres for me is SIMEX, they do gorgeous patterns and have that big overhang for your rim protector -

Give my mate a call, this is his family business and tell him Andrew Murphy told you to ring, his name is Oliver Green:

Chemiculture - Land Tyre Service
Gaydon Rd, Bishops Itchington, Southam, Warwickshire CV47 2QZ
Tel: 01926*613889

He will send tyres to your door and may save you a couple of quid

Andy

Justin
Friday 26th November 2004, 12:33
Vredestien sportrac or ultrac 2's mate, you will never buy another tyre :wink:

Bracer
Friday 26th November 2004, 13:11

J have you any more info on theres puppies, i.e. pics, prices and distributors ?

Ta

Steve :wink:

lance
Friday 26th November 2004, 13:38
My p zeros still going strong after 8k + still pleanty left on them.

Bracer
Friday 26th November 2004, 13:41
My p zeros still going strong after 8k + still pleanty left on them.

Lol you must drive like its a Sunday every day :hidesbehi

lance
Friday 26th November 2004, 13:45
Cheeky
I just drive them to a fraction of wheelspin most of the time, but I never hang about apart from on speed humps.

Bracer
Monday 29th November 2004, 09:37
LOL

But seriously, SAM needs some new boots and could really do with finding out where and how much these Vredestien sportrac or ultrac 2's are :worship:

Bracer
Monday 29th November 2004, 14:34

Vredestien (http://www.vredestein.com/autobanden/Index.asp?TaalID=3)

Thanks J :wink:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 01:00
Just treated myself to a pair of Ultracs - 215/45/R17's - Very impressive. £100 a corner though - but well worth it and the tread pattern can only be described as sexy!

Bracer
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 10:13
Just treated myself to a pair of Ultracs - 215/45/R17's - Very impressive. £100 a corner though - but well worth it and the tread pattern can only be described as sexy!

Dave can you let me know where from, I can find anyone round here that will supply :mad:

Markzx
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 11:24
Dave can you let me know where from, I can find anyone round here that will supply :mad:

Quick Fit Always used to sell Vredestien as their own branded Tyre. I always had the Snowsports on my Patrol. Brilliant Tyre,

I've just put Goodyear Eagles on mine and they transformed the handling of the car far more than I thought possible, but they cost a fortune. They look like they are wearing better than the P6000's, but hay, what wouldn't.

Bracer
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 11:32
Quick Fit Always used to sell Vredestien as their own branded Tyre. I always had the Snowsports on my Patrol. Brilliant Tyre,

I've just put Goodyear Eagles on mine and they transformed the handling of the car far more than I thought possible, but they cost a fortune. They look like they are wearing better than the P6000's, but hay, what wouldn't.

Ta I will keep trying, as SAM now running on semi slicks :eek:

fireplums
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 12:19
Had to stick with my T5 on a budget theme so went for the kumhos at £57.50 a corner..... just two corners of course, rotated the other two get another 3k from those no worries!
used the saved money to do the wheel bearing / air leak. All running A1 :thewave:

Bracer
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 12:23
Had to stick with my T5 on a budget theme so went for the kumhos at £57.50 a corner..... just two corners of course, rotated the other two get another 3k from those no worries!
used the saved money to do the wheel bearing / air leak. All running A1 :thewave:

Sometime thats what you have to do mate :wink:

I cant really afford £100 each so might end up going for another pair of what I've got depending on the price :pirate:

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 1st December 2004, 00:59
Longbridge Tyres will sell me a set. I can bring them with me if you want.

Bracer
Wednesday 1st December 2004, 09:45
Longbridge Tyres will sell me a set. I can bring them with me if you want.

Ok mate that could be a good idea, will have to check with the bank manager now thou :rolleyes: