PDA

View Full Version : Rear tailgate badge locations??

LeeT5
Wednesday 26th May 2010, 01:46
I have tried search (to no avail), but i wondered if anyone knew of an exact or correct location template for the badges that adorn the rear tailgates of V70's?
Any ideas?

thebadger
Wednesday 26th May 2010, 23:40
Well.....

P2's (2000-2004) had the VOLVO to the left & the V70 bit (with engine badge below) to the right. The exception being the R which had V70R & AWD below.

P2's (2004-2008) had the VOLVO to the centre in the small gap between the window & the grip bar. V70 to the left & the engine to the right. (same again but the R had the whole V70R to the left & the AWD below).

Mix it up a bit! Try moving them about on blu-tac or something & see how it would look.

The Volvo in the middle where it's V O L V O must be avoided as it looks very sad.... almost scraping Barry teritory. Just don't!

I have had the volvo on the left & now in the centre, which I think looks better. Also leaves the option for some personalisation on the right. (I have a swedish flag)

v70torslanda
Thursday 27th May 2010, 00:26
I want a Metal Moose next to the Volvo Script on the left of the tailgate and one on each wing.

thebadger
Thursday 27th May 2010, 19:06
Be warned J, I had the metal "volvo R racing" badges on the wings & they rusted.

My advice is to coat the edges with clear varnish or similar coatings to the edges before fitting them. Cheap crome & bad coatings.... disaster!

v70torslanda
Thursday 27th May 2010, 22:36
Has this happened with the metal badges we saw a few weeks ago?

Aussie T5
Friday 28th May 2010, 05:20
Hi

Hope this may help

Rob

thebadger
Friday 28th May 2010, 21:52
Yes J, the small paralelogram ones with the R on them in red & black or blue & yellow.

Be warned!

Vikingxl
Friday 28th May 2010, 22:02
I looked into getting viking in the same font instead of volvo across the back of my xc but the only place i could find that would make them wanted £25 a letter and i didnt want them that badly

thebadger
Friday 28th May 2010, 23:25
Get an E and an R made by them & put LOVER on the tailgate! That would confuse the local chavs.

Or a U and an A..... I'm not giving any hints on this one.

thebadger
Friday 28th May 2010, 23:33
So for £50 you could have (keeping the V at the start..) valor, valve, viola, viols, vocal, vodou, voila, voile, volar, voled, voles, volta, volte, volti, volts, volva, vowel, vroom, vulgo and vulva....

VROOM in the volvo letters might be a laugh, but may be missed by most folk.

LeeT5
Thursday 3rd June 2010, 23:41
So for £50 you could have (keeping the V at the start..) valor, valve, viola, viols, vocal, vodou, voila, voile, volar, voled, voles, volta, volte, volti, volts, volva, vowel, vroom, vulgo and vulva....

VROOM in the volvo letters might be a laugh, but may be missed by most folk.

:cuckoo: (LOL) nice one.